The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a couple of small 2 cycle ,chain saws, weedeaters,blowers, etc. and would like to adj. the carb just a little. Does anyone know where I can buy the ( I am going to call it) nut driver to adj them with?? the adj. look look an inverted torx.

·
Registered
19,611 Posts
What about a 16 point socket?

·
Registered
7,139 Posts
A pic would sure help with your description of this.

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Some 2 cycle engines on chainsaws and other lawn machines are set by the factory and need to be taken to a technician to be adjusted because it can effect their emissions...Read your owners manuals...

·
Registered
283 Posts
Department store equipment often has plastic press on pieces over the adjusting screws so you can not adjust them. Others have a collar so you can only turn them a predetermined amount. Tyicly if you have to turn them more than a 1/4 turn, you need to clean your carb. And no, Carberator cleaners in a can don't work anymore and they harm plastic and rubber. Most of those department store pieces have plastic carbs now.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
check automotive tools for a carb adjustment driver.
I have one I got years ago...
there about 10-12"long,the shank a spring type flex shaft.
they come with an assortment of swappable end fittings for different adjustment screws

·
Registered
163 Posts
Most 2cycle problem is the muffle is clog .They get hard to start don't speed up stall etc.Take the muffler off it usually looks like a flat waffer clean with carb cleaner or?Than use a good 2cycle oil with stablizer in it

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
when a new 2cycle comes into my life, that screen comes off, I was fooled once by that.I did find the carb tool in fact the tool set for those that had the four types,will be adjusting soon! I also found an inverted torx set,which I bought because, I never saw one before,hopefully will never need it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts