The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody want to post pictures and/or descriptions of the gun you use (or would use) if your going deer hunting with a shotgun?

Please post what you use in the way of scopes, slug brand brand, etc.
As for me here's my setup:

gun:
remington 870 super mag
Cantilever barrel
Nikon Prostaff 3-9x40
Hornady SST Slugs

NICE GUN
ill post pictures soon

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
I have an 870 super slug with a 4.5x tasco scope, shoots 3" mag copper solids. also have an 870 with a rifled sight smooth bore barrel that I will shoot 00 and brenneke's through. last but not least, a model 37/87 ithaca deerslayer,rifled barrel, shoots 2 3/4" brennekes, no scope. all of them are 12 gauge. soon to be added, a 20 gauge, either 870 or ithaca.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Mossberg 500 Slug Gun 12GA
Shooters Edge 2-7x32 scope
Hornady sst slugs

I got the gun on sale for $175 new! Mossberg wasn't my first choice, but i couldn't pass up the deal. It shoots those sst's better than i ever could have imagined!

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Just bought a savage 220 20 ga.Planning on putting a nikon slugger on it.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
870 rifled barrel 12ga. copper soiids. hope to drill and tap and 2x7 leupold rifleman. it has camo stock put r-3 rem. recoil pad gun is matte finish...later

·
Registered
653 Posts
Rem. 12ga 870 Mag (3incher)w/ matte finish, which i HATE!!!
Tar-Hunt barrel
2-7 leupold scope
lightfield 2 3/4 inch lead slugs

10 shot at 100 yards (including the high shot)

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
here's a cellphone pic. i'll take better pics after we finish unpacking.

·
Registered
8,449 Posts

remington 870 12ga
22inch rifled cantilever barrel
nikon 2-7X32 nikoplex shotgun scope
brenneke 3in k.o magnums
winchester partiton golds

it just tickles alittle bit when ya shoot it.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Mossy 695 Bolt slug gun
Bushnell trophy red dot
Hastings Laser Accurate Slugs

or

Verona SX405 w/ rifled barrel
Open fiber optic sights
Hastings slugs
Homemade camo paint job

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
yea Turkey, tickles isn't exactley the word that comes to mind when I shoot. lol nice looking gun.

·
Registered
8,449 Posts
jun1or said:
yea Turkey, tickles isn't exactley the word that comes to mind when I shoot. lol nice looking gun.
does dislocation work better, lol. that aint the best pic of it ill put another one on tommarow to show the whole gun.
its my baby. lol.
this is first year I carried it and got a buck with it. just like the year I carried a rifled 20ga of my friends and got a buck that year to. rifled slug guns seem to be my thing.

my uncle that hunts in ny has an 870 just like the one of yours with the short barrel but rifled. I dont know how he holds on to it with 3inch mags. hes just a little guy, lol

my other uncle has and 1187 that he hunts with in ny. thats just crazy shooting 3inch slugs that fast.

·
Registered
653 Posts
b&ghuntre said:
slayer, why do you hate matte finish??
Rusts to easy in my mind,,, to many little spots for the condinsation to get into.. The thing rusts when it's just in the foam case... I wipe it down when i'm done with it, clean it internally, rem oil it down on the outside, let it out for about another 12 hrs. or so,, put it back in the case, and when ever i pull it back out i can see that it's pitting here or there... I got a 30-06 thats like 30 years old,, got dink, ninks, bumps, all over it on the wood stock, but not a single place on the metal is it rusting, and thats high gloss

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Thanks turkey4life...I didn't know they customized slug guns.

·
Registered
8,449 Posts
sq32 said:
Thanks turkey4life...I didn't know they customized slug guns.
ur welcome. there kinda pricy though, they also just sell barrels for other companys guns. there barrels make suposably make slugguns more accurate.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
used to hunt ny
870 remington wingmaster deer lh
custom 12 gauge chris young bull barrel (ccs sabot inventor)
275 gr. 50 cal.barnes bullet 2 3/4" cheddite 70mm hull 3 cards ccs sabot and gas seal 46.0 grains bluedot
50 mm tasco world class 4x16
2 mercury recoil reducers in stock

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
hey Blackbruin, you got any pics of your gun? it sounds pretty sweet and I would love to see it.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts