The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The extra scope had is broken now. I'm looking for a good inexpensive scope (100$ish). Anybody have any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
bushnell trophy.. I have one on my mossberg 500.. it's a 1.75 - 4 (i think).. it may be a little over 100 but not bad, and it has held up very well

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
I have a bushnell sharpshooter 3x9x32 has a few small marks on the outside but is clear and works good
50.00 to your door
PM me if interested

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Recently bought a Simmons to put on a slug gun I was having built by a local gunsmith.

I like it alot.

Got the gun back and while the gun is custom, the scope is imperative to function and I'm getting tiny 2" groups at 50 yards. It's all in the gun, but love the scope too:

Simmons Shotgun Scope

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Why would I put a $65.00 scope on a custom gun?

It's all ya need.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Bushnell Trophy or Simmons Pro Diamond have used both with great success

·
Registered
6,212 Posts
I have a cheap $50 bushnell 4x32 sportsview on my mossy 12 gauge. I had bought that scope for my marlin 22, and I needed a scope to try on the shotgun. I mounted it with $7 Tasco rings, and hit the range.

That scope and rings are still on there 8 years and an untold number of shots later.

There are dedicated shotgun scopes out there, but most cost more than $100. A straight 4x scope will normally hold up better than a variable, and you shouldn't need anymore than that for the ranges a shotgun will shoot.

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
Buy a used Leupold or a new nikon.

The Bushnell trophy would be an ok choice for a $20-$40 savings over the others...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts