The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where you can buy a slug barrel for the mossberg 500 for under 200$$ i need it for this years deer seasons! i never thought i would use my 500 for deer but i wanna see how goes.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
i got a used one with a cantaleaved scope mount.. say 110$ to your door?? its for a mossberg 500 12 guage

pm me if your interested... i dont have a 500 any more and got the barrel layen in the closet..
Dave

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Slugster, get the wally world one. I'ts the mossberg brand barrel, ported and cantilever scope mount. I have that same barrel on my 12ga and it does VERY well with cheap ammo. Remember that once you go to a rifled barrel you will not be using punkin balls anymore. You are stepping up to sabots and the price just quadrupled on the ammo.

I shot lightfield slugs until they went up in price to 15 a box. I now shoot hastings at 10 or lower. I am still trying to get a group buy worked out with hastings for a BUNCH of slugs for all us allegheny county guys that shoot them. Might be about 8 bucks a box when the dust settles.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I was at Cabelas today. I saw a cantilever for a 12ga 500 for $159?? I think.

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
it it has the scope on it, that's a GOOD deal

1 - 14 of 14 Posts