The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to have a sling for my rem 870 but dont really want to put a swivel stud into the stock. Is there any good slip on slings out there? Thanks,

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
i have a slip-on on my ithaca. i will look at what brand tomorrow. it works just as good, i didnt wanna mess with the stock on it either.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
i believe mines an allen. it doesnt have any tags on it though. it slips over the buttstock, and the between the barrel retainer and forearm.

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
Mine straps on the buttstock and has a replacement cap for the magazine tube with a swivel. No tags on mine either. I think I got it at wally about 10years ago.

·
Registered
8,449 Posts
you could modify a normal sling. just get the swivel stud cap for the magazine tube then just tie it on the stock with a shoe lace. never done it before but it sounded like a good idea.

·
Super Moderator
2,366 Posts
Be careful with the slip on slings. My father used one on his shotgun one day to carry it 3 miles back a gated road turkey hunting. When he got there he got set up, he was disappointed to find it had rubbed a noticeable spot in the bluing on his barrel. (It didn't attach to the magazine cap).

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
I have a nice leather one that I carry rolled up in my turkey day pack. Slips over the barrel and then onto the butt stock. I only use it when I'm hauling a turkey out and it works really well for that.

Had it so long I couldn't tell you who made it or even where I got it...sorry.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts