The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a new 7600 carbine with the 18 1/2" barrel. The upper sling mounts to a clip mounted on the barrel ahead of the slide forearm. As a result the distance between the sling studs is several inches more than the setup on a standard rifle. My older Uncle Mike's Super Sling 2 is about 6" short when adjusted all the way out.

Any one know of a longer black nylon web type (slide adjustment) sling that would work for me on this setup?

·
Super Moderator
12,799 Posts
could always take the barrel band off the barrel and get a sling kit for the forearm (atleast i think they are removable..never looked at one close)...i personally hate anything on my barrel...my pump guns all have the forearm sling kit..

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
I took the barrel band off of mine also, go with the uncle mikes sling kit. It will attach in front of the pump and you won't get scratches all over the barrel either.

For a sling, I am using a leather military style sling.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
keep on mind the 7600 barrel is free floated. i wouldn't go torquing on that sling. i know lots of guys sling the 7600's and 760's but i personally don't. i have nightmares of bent barrels. silly maybe, but i'm not much of a sling guy anyway.

·
Super Moderator
12,799 Posts
John, finny you mention the leather military sling! That or the green SKS military sling are my favorite slings!

Pumpgun, check out that kit if you ever want a sling...it replaces the forend screw...nothing on the barrel...

I think the barrel bands are silly..no better way to possibly mess up a gun!

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
I know they say 1968 and older, but my rifle was made in 1986 and that kit fit perfectly.

mauser, I have a few of those leather slings. I really like them on my rifles.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
the magazine slide is also free floated. slide a peice of paper between the slide and the barrel sometime.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mauser and John,

I originally wanted to go with the forearm attachment and my buddy just bought one a couple years ago that has it. Everyplace I researched showed they wouldn't fit the new Remingtons. I will call Remington or drop them an email to get the final answer. If it's possible, that's the way I will go.

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
According to Remington my 7600 was made in 1986 and according to Uncle Mike's it wouldn't fit either. I ordered it anyway, and it threaded in perfectly. Didn't have any resistance at all.

·
Registered
6,212 Posts
My model 6 243 has the barrel band. It was on it when I got it. My sling is a bit tight. Some slings are better than others, but I like to keep the sling that came with it. It was Dads gun.

My 760 270 has the attachment on the end of the slide. Slings do fit better, but I rarely use that gun. I like the other gun better.

Not sure if it has an hinderance in the accuracy department. Every deer I ever shot at it with died.

With that said I tend to take off my slings until I need to drag a deer out of the woods or am carrying something where I need to shoulder my rifle. They normally get put in my pocket or packpack until needed.

It's pretty hard to shoot a rifle with it slung over your shoulder.

·
Registered
6,212 Posts
John-PA said:
Kevin, I've seen you shoot. I doubt every deer you shot at with it died.......
I promise you they all did. The one I shot with a rifle this year was like a rug was pulled from under it's feet. My shotgun shooting could however use some work.

·
Registered
6,212 Posts
I'm hoping I don't make another fool of myself missing the most. With any kind of luck I won't get a shot.

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
FYI shotgun slings are longer than rifle slings.....

1 - 20 of 33 Posts