The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been shooting swhackers for the last 3 years 125gr,...20 and 30+yards were really accurate..40, 50 off about 3-4 inches..excalibur uses a 150 gr broadhead..which flew great just didnt like the blood trail...so searching around i found some slick trick 150gr xbow broadheads...like the hole i see on the videos...hope they work when the get here like the boltcutters...anyone else using them?

·
Registered
12,941 Posts
I don`t but I know a guy with the same Excal Exocett 200 as I have and he used basic 3 blade Slick Trick 100`s and it is deadly accurate. I use WASPS Boss SST` 100`s and they fly very well and kill very well.

·
Registered
602 Posts
I shoot 100 grain standard slick tricks with brass inserts in gold tip lazer 2s...fly great and hit hard. I hit a buck slightly quartering toward me at 25 yards a few years ago alittle farther forward than I would have liked..broke the shoulder and broke the opposite leg above the knuckle on the way out and stuck deep in the ground...he fell over 75yds later. I won't shoot anything else

·
Registered
142 Posts
I agree with cm20's statement. Been using them since the beginning of crossbow seasons. They always finish the job!

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
got them in...shooting great with them..be out in maryland this weekend
hope someyhing comes by...thanks

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
Feddog82 said:
But.....I like the bolt cutters best.
I couldn't get the bolt cutters to fly worth a darn, switched to 125gr tricks and all is good

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i didnt like the boltcutters blood trail or lack of i should say...hit 3 doe and 1 buck with them had very little blood all chest shots..recovered the doe but buck went on to private ground in md and wouldnt let me on property

1 - 9 of 9 Posts