The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody ever compared Slick Trick standards to Shuttle T-Locks for accuracy? Which performs more like a field point? Because the ST's are 4-blade, I assume they might plane a little more.(?) Any thoughts would be appreciated.

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
Gurt said:
Anybody ever compared Slick Trick standards to Shuttle T-Locks for accuracy? Which performs more like a field point? Because the ST's are 4-blade, I assume they might plane a little more.(?) Any thoughts would be appreciated.
If your bow is tuned properly, both will shoot with your field points.

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
Shot Shuttle Ts, Razor Tricks, Grizz Tricks, and the regular Tricks this spring. All shot within an inch or two of my field points with my setup.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK. Good thoughts. A friend just upgraded his bow about two weeks back and I'm going to recommend he either use mechanical, Shuttle T-lock or Slick Trick's as he's not going to get much range time before the season starts. Properly tuned and sighted bow should shoot any broadhead accurately, true. But, what is your take on preparing for a worst case scenario like a gust of wind just when you release. . . wouldn't a mechanical or lower profile fixed-blade fare better under those circumstances?

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
Well if your friend is not trying to take 50+ yard shots, the effects of wind should not be an issue. Plus, on a windy day where arrows might be effected by a gust would probably be a day not to be in the stand.

I've shot on windy days, with blazers with a mechanical and buddy with a fixed with blazers. Shooting out to 50 yards in about 15-20mph wind had about a 2 inch effect when the wind was blowing the hardest.

Your vanes will have more of effect than your broadheads in high wind conditions. Yes, less surface area exposed = less drag.

·
Registered
20,874 Posts
Gurt said:
OK. Good thoughts. A friend just upgraded his bow about two weeks back and I'm going to recommend he either use mechanical, Shuttle T-lock or Slick Trick's as he's not going to get much range time before the season starts. Properly tuned and sighted bow should shoot any broadhead accurately, true. But, what is your take on preparing for a worst case scenario like a gust of wind just when you release. . . wouldn't a mechanical or lower profile fixed-blade fare better under those circumstances?
It should take less than 30 minutes to properly tune the bow.There's no exuse to take a bow in the woods that isn't tuned.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts