1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Interesting.. look like they designed it off of the schwacker broadhead

·
Registered
588 Posts
FOR THOSE WHO THINK THERE IS NO ADVANTAGE TO SHOOTING A MECHANICAL, THEY NEED TO TALK TO SLICK TRICK. ALTHOUGH A 1.3" IN FLIGHT? WHY NOT JUST SHOOT A FIX BLADE.

I AGREE THEY LOOK LIKE THE HANK PARKER RECOMMENDED SSSSCHWACKERRR.

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
Competition is tough and I've been shooting one mechanical for over fifteen years.
Others work, there is no doubt. They may even do it slightly or marginally better. Not enough to throw away my investment.

In the last analysis, it is up to the archer shooting the arrow.
The broadhead could work in the wrong place.

·
Registered
20,874 Posts
WACKUMANDSTACKUM said:
FOR THOSE WHO THINK THERE IS NO ADVANTAGE TO SHOOTING A MECHANICAL, THEY NEED TO TALK TO SLICK TRICK. ALTHOUGH A 1.3" IN FLIGHT? WHY NOT JUST SHOOT A FIX BLADE.

I AGREE THEY LOOK LIKE THE HANK PARKER RECOMMENDED SSSSCHWACKERRR.
I'll still say with 100% confidence that there's not a single advantage to using a mechanical and several drawbacks.I love slick tricks and will continue using them but I see no purpose for that broadhead other than satisfying hunters who buy into the wrong kind of hype.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I've killed plenty of deer with 1" & 7/8" fixed blade broadheads, That I see no advantage to mechanical broadheads . I'll continue using fixed until they stop working.

·
Super Moderator
12,814 Posts
If mechanical are some big advantage I guess I have never needed that advantage.

·
Registered
588 Posts
ANYONE WHO DOES NOT THINK THERE IS AN ADVANTAGE TO SHOOTING A MECHANICAL NEEDS TO LAUNCH A GRIM REAPER WHITETAIL SPECIAL THE LUNGS OF A WHITETAIL. AS MY BUDDY SAYS IT, THIS IS A BLOOD TRAIL THAT RAY CHARLES COULD FOLLOW. OF COURSE THE OLD VORTEX GOT THE JOB DONE TO.
I WOULD SAY THAT SLICK TRICK MUST BELIEVE THERE IS AN ADVANTAGE. WHY ELSE WOULD THEY MAKE ONE. MARKETING? WELL MUZZY NEVER BELIEVED THEY NEEDED ONE. OF COURSE THAT WAS BEFORE RAGE BOUGHT THEM. IRONIC?

·
Registered
13,470 Posts
slick trick wants another product to sell, it's just bussiness. theres a market for mechanicals, so now they have one. notice that they haven't stopped making their fixed blade broadheads.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
I agree with DCE. I dont see any advantage to using mechanicals if your bow is properly tuned. I actually think they would be more of a disadvantage at times. Slick trick is just trying to cash in on a little of that mechanical broad head crowd plain and simple. Most people just getting into bow hunting now a days go straight for the high dollar mechanicals. Theyre just trying to get a piece of the pie is all.

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
I have never had an issue with a fixed blade open up, but mechanical broadhead do help...those that don't practice enough.

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
Handled it at the ATA show. Was not impressed. I like ST's but not this model, but expandables are hot and they felt the need to enter the mix.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts