The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
slick trick crossbow trick broadheads

anyone use or test the crossbow tricks? wasnt to impressed with the crosspros. want something that I can depend on and get it all tuned in before gun and late bow seasons.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Re: slick trick crossbow trick broadheads

I've tested them. If your arrows have an aluminum insert you might like them.

I use brass inserts and they didn't work at all for me. They made too much forward of center with the brass inserts.

·
Registered
62 Posts

i got them this yr. my arrows do have aluminum inserts and they flew great. I went with the 175 grain. my cross bow came with 125 grain practice tips but I had problems holding good groups. Went to the archery shop and tried a heavier practice head. It really tightened up my groups. I guess thats where front of center comes into play. Shot a doe last weekend and wow... great results!

·
Registered
2,322 Posts

arrowhead said:
I've tested them. If your arrows have an aluminum insert you might like them.

I use brass inserts and they didn't work at all for me. They made too much forward of center with the brass inserts.
I am using Gold Tip Laser bolts, and the S.T. 125's. Is that not a good combination? I had three shots at deer this week and undershot 2 of them. Them seemed to shoot OK when I bench shot/sighted in the scope.

·
Registered
18,622 Posts

wildatheart said:
I am using Gold Tip Laser bolts, and the S.T. 125's. Is that not a good combination? I had three shots at deer this week and undershot 2 of them. Them seemed to shoot OK when I bench shot/sighted in the scope.
That should be perfect. The SlickTrick crossbow heads are 175 grains which when combined with a brass insert make for a extremely heavy up front arrow.

I advise aluminum inserts with the Slick Trick crossbow head.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts

Too high a forward of center will cause problems. Some of the best broadhead groups I've ever shot, were with 85 grain broadheads and backweights on the brass inserts. I just don't like the 85 grain heads and it's way too expensive to build arrows to make them work properly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts