The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been shooting mag 125's for 5 years now and love them. Now I see the new ones have a different package and come in 4 packs instead of 3. I heard the quality of the "new" ones are not as good. Anyone tried the news ones yet? Thanks...Shuey

·
Registered
19,671 Posts
Used to use the old ones with great success. Of all of them, I preferred the 100 grain mags and the Razor Tricks.

I have not played with the new ones since they were sold. I suspect the quality is down, but have no first hand experience to confirm or debunk it.

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
dpms said:
Used to use the old ones with great success. Of all of them, I preferred the 100 grain mags and the Razor Tricks.

I have not played with the new ones since they were sold. I suspect the quality is down, but have no first hand experience to confirm or debunk it.
What exactly makes you suspect that?

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
That doesn't surprise me one bit. Just curious since you stated you haven't seen or handled them, but the quality is lower. Wasn't sure how you arrived at that conclusion without any experience with them.

·
Registered
19,671 Posts
Borden811 said:
That doesn't surprise me one bit. Just curious since you stated you haven't seen or handled them, but the quality is lower. Wasn't sure how you arrived at that conclusion without any experience with them.
Which is why I said "I suspect".

·
Registered
744 Posts
Ive been using rage broadheads since they came out with amazing success but i have been thinking about trying the slick tricks this year. A lot of guys seem to really like them and im curious to see what all the hype is about. hahaha ( I have never harvested a deer with a fixed blade broadhead) Sounds crazy right?

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
They look the same to me.. package may have changed but the same German blade steel is used.. only change I see is the ferrule design to accept smaller dia. bolts... the old and new 100 gr mags weigh the same according to my scale..blades are just as sharp..

·
Registered
251 Posts
Every time I try something other than slick tricks I end up going back. Standard 100's have shot very good from my verticle bows and crossbows.
Shot field points, rages and slick tricks out to 80 yards last year and there was roughly and inch of difference in impact between the 3. Since I'm shooting half of that distance at game I went back to slick tricks. Slug size holes.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
I have killed a couple with the 100 grain standards. Both deer went down in less than 100 yds, but the blood trail wasn't very impressive. The thing I liked the most was they flew dead on with my practice tips out to 50 yds. I've been contemplating trying the Exodus or Ramcat this year.

·
Registered
21,320 Posts
Blood trails are a function of where the deer was hit and the angle of the entrance and exit wounds.I've killed 60+ deer with slick tricks and only one has run out of sight.Sometimes they bleed like crazy and sometimes they don't.It has nothing to do with the BH itself.

·
Registered
907 Posts
dce said:
Blood trails are a function of where the deer was hit and the angle of the entrance and exit wounds.I've killed 60+ deer with slick tricks and only one has run out of sight.Sometimes they bleed like crazy and sometimes they don't.It has nothing to do with the BH itself.
Agree 100% Have been using slick tricks and love them.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
I had some of the new style when they came out. I couldn't get good flight out of them and had enough customer complaints that I no longer stock them. Nobody seems to like the new design as far as the flight of them goes.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts