The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to get a new sleeping pad for sleeping out in a tent. I'm 57 and the old Therma-rest just doesn't cut it anymore. I need something light weight, yet packable and with plenty of padding. Suggestions?

·
Registered
177 Posts
I used a Therma Rest Z-Rest for years, it gets the job done but I understand what you're referring to. A few years ago I bought a Thermarest ProLite Plus Self Inflating Mattress for my wife...or me? I use it any time I go someplace & she's not with me. It is a great pad and considerably more comfortable and warm than the traditional close cell foam pads. It also packs smaller and is of similar weight. I highly recommend it. The only downside is that they are a bit pricey. But what's a good nights sleep in the woods worth to you?

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
I use the Z-Lite from Thermarest, but am young dont mind a bit of discomfort. Always is a rock under your pad, no matter where you place it.

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
I missed camping the last few years, and I need to update myself on the current sleeping pads.
Will look at hiking sleeping pads and my old standby for campsites near the vehicle. I've used an exercise mat under the sleeping pad. Some of those small exercise mats or pads could be gotten cheaper. I didn't or won't look for an all in one pad, if the hike to the tent site is close.

Remember the wonderful foam pad I got from a fabric center that gave new life to a tree stand. It was better than new. Thanks for reminding me.

Lordy, I checked and they call them pilates and yoga pads, now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts