The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went out last night to one of the best areas I know, set up first time very close to a group of coyote, infact they were trottinf off while I walked up they were soo close. Sat down and two mins latter did a few rabbit sqealls on a diaphragm call and everything that left came right back down the woods left and right sides of the woods and here I am in the middle of the road... Heard one behind me 15 ft so instintivly turned and it spooked. Walked down the road a bit and heard somthing to my right in the sticks following me, it was reall close so I lip sqeaked twice and here it comes lol. Out come a black skunk right at me with its tail lifted... I just got a new shotgun so I figired it was a proper time to test it. shot 3 in infront of its nose nocking it over and here comes the squirt! thought at first not bad but wow a few sec later I was hit by a wall of smell like burning who knew lol. Got up wind and teied to get a pic but phone was dead, then the whole group of yotes to my right 100y lights up I though man too bad I did that!!! talk about a cover scent I let out some howls but they wernt buying it haha. I was able to get up anoth half mile and call in anotger but I thought that skunk buddy was comin back to pee on my neck so I turned and spooked a yote tgat I didnt see. That was on fawn dist. Hope you guys are still out hunting there starting to bite agian Iv calling in several this week. good luck.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts