The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son had a fox set at the corner of a corn field. No fox tracks around for 1 week +. Checked the set this AM and had a skunk. He sprayed all over the set and trap. But there are fox tracks all around the catch. I thought with all the fox he should place a new dirt hole set 20' away from the catch circle. Hung the trap out behind the shop till next year.
What would you have done or should i have done?
Sons 1st atempt at trapping and i have never trapped.
So far this year:
1 - opossom
3 - coons
1 - skunk

Any help with this set would be a great help.

·
Registered
748 Posts
I would put a fresh set or two in near the catch circle!! The skunk scent should keep the foxes coming around.

·
Super Moderator
12,799 Posts
I would have remade the set...then another on the edge of the circle...then maybe another one or 2 or 6 on the fox trails...

Ive became a believer in multiple traps in 1 good location opposed to numerous tracks in unknown locations...

·
Registered
186 Posts
go get a haz-mat suit and reset that catch circle. keep the trap some where close to the edge where the fox were circling.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Happened to me 1 week of nothing and then a skunk and then the fun started 1 coyote and 6 reds later, reset the trap as close to th same as it was before and then add one on the outside of the catch circle the skunk smell will be as good of an attractant as anything you could put there and then be patient!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts