The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if I won the contest for the first person to have there dog sprayed by the skunk this year?? Anyways just got done cleaning my dogs, make sure you look out the door before you let them out.

·
Super Moderator
23,763 Posts
Nope. Mine got hit a few weeks ago.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
A friend had his Lab sprayed last week.Last night,lite the back spot lites and had a skunk under the bird feeder,there on the move.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think mine was under my bird feeder this morning also..... Gotta love the first signs of spring... Its always a great way to start the morning screaming at the dog at 530am as it chases the skunk. Im sure my neighbors love me ...ha

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
My female plott caught 2 her first year hunting. I learned a while ago just to go straight to the carwash. For $1.75 I get 3 minutes of an easy wash that gets rid of 85% of the smell and I always feel better when its done.

It makes me so mad when it gets all the collars and the haul box and my clothes...

·
Registered
7,406 Posts
I cut grass for a woman who's dog got it last summer. She put him out, then opened the door back up when she heard the dog yelping. The dog pushed past, and just tore thru the house, rubbing on all the furniture and her bed, and rolling around on the carpet in a couple different rooms till she got him under control. Took about a week and a decent amount of money till she could stand to stay there again.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My dads britt ran through the house after being hit, it wasnt good. I still havent found anything that really cleans up the collars real good. I sprayed them down today with carb cleaner and now there sitting in bleach for a few hours.

·
Super Moderator
23,763 Posts
Google a product called sol u Mel

We use it on our collie. He's been sprayed 5 times. We dilute it alittle. It works very good

1 - 10 of 10 Posts