The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a free 6 month subscription when I bought my truck last September? Free subscription is over. Never did use the Sirius. Today go to listen to the radio and no FM stations
. Flashed across the radio to call Sirius. Why did I lose my FM? Anybody ever have this happen? Do I need to call them or is there something I can do? thanks

·
Registered
20,204 Posts
When I brought my new FORD it had a free 6 mos subscription to Sirius which I let run out cause I didnt listen to it much but everythng else worked with the radio. If I pushed the satellite radio button then I got the message to call Sirius at a 1-888 number.
I would contact the truck dealership since there must be a problem with the actual radio unit.

You will get more mail form Sirius over the next months then the NRA sends. I did take one of the deals they offered for $25,00 I got 6 months but they have lots of deals well below the asking price.

Good Luck

·
Banned
3,632 Posts
Could be a case of turn signal fluid inadvertently placed in the auto-windshield fluid reservoir.

·
Administrator
29,901 Posts
Birch812 said:
You will get more mail form Sirius over the next months then the NRA sends.
I got the free 6 months when we bought the Volkswagon in May 2010. I STILL get junk from Sirius, even over here!

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
just keep pushing buttons. the harder the better. those new radio buttons need broken in. it helps to fly into a rage and start swearing and punching the radio too.

·
Registered
21,042 Posts
Just subscribe... I love my satellite radio!!

I drive 600-1000 miles per week for work and it definitely comes in handy.

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Peppy said:

Agreed, but when the bill for $228 comes in the mail stating that is going to the your new package price, I call Sirius and tell them I'm canceling. Long story short, but the bill changes from $228 to $150.

·
Banned
3,632 Posts
You ain't kidding nobody. We all know you count cows and then start all over when you pass a cemetary or slaughter house.

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
G2CDeer said:
Peppy said:

Agreed, but when the bill for $228 comes in the mail stating that is going to the your new package price, I call Sirius and tell them I'm canceling. Long story short, but the bill changes from $228 to $150.
Keep holding out. I have the $25 for 6 mos offer sitting in my inbox as we speak. I cancelled last week and they wouldn't give me that deal then and I told the guy, cancel me and I'll wait for the emailed offer to come back for the $25 in the next week. He giggled and said no problem and I got the email 2 days later. Doesn't cost them anything to turn your radio back on at this point (other than the customer service reps that are getting paid regardless) but the need that "subscriber base" to sell advertising so the more people they can retain, the better.

·
Registered
13,027 Posts
Has anyone ever talked them into 12 months for $50? I was going to try that but want to see if you guys that have had it for a while can help. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
justgrad25 said:
G2CDeer said:
Peppy said:

Keep holding out. I have the $25 for 6 mos offer sitting in my inbox as we speak. I cancelled last week and they wouldn't give me that deal then and I told the guy, cancel me and I'll wait for the emailed offer to come back for the $25 in the next week. He giggled and said no problem and I got the email 2 days later. Doesn't cost them anything to turn your radio back on at this point (other than the customer service reps that are getting paid regardless) but the need that "subscriber base" to sell advertising so the more people they can retain, the better.
Ha. The worst part though is cancelling your subscription before the end date. What happened with me is I called the day after my end date and still listened to Sirius. When I called to cancel the lady on the other side said that I had outstanding debt, meaning the 9 bucks that were charged to me after my subscription was up.

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Just called them tonight to "cancel" since my subscription ran out yesterday. They gave me a choice between their 2 promos, 1/2 price for a year, which comes out to $96 with taxes and fees or $5 per month for 5 months. From what I understood each customer is allowed 2 promo offers.

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
pumpgun said:
just keep pushing buttons. the harder the better. those new radio buttons need broken in. it helps to fly into a rage and start swearing and punching the radio too.
I couldn't agtee more. In fact, I apply the same logic to the button that makes the windows go up and down.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts