The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I just purchased my first bow in 20 years, actually a nice used Hoyt from a fellow HPA member. The bow is ready to go except for one thing, a sight. Now "back in the day" when i was shooting, I started with a 3 pin sight, but eventually went to just one pin. So I am looking for suggestions on single pin sights for under $100. Would also welcome opinions on why a 3 or 5 pin sight would be better, or pros/cons for the sight you use. My primary use for the bow is hunting. Any and all comments welcome.

Thanks, Paul

·
Super Moderator
7,919 Posts
I have an HHA OL5500. It was $125, but worth the extra $25, IMHO. You can get one that's a bit under $100, but it lacks the rheostat to decrease the intensity of the fiber optic sight pin. Trust me, you want to be able to do that. That little sucker will light up like a spot light, and in bright sunshine, it does get too bright.

HHA has phenomenal customer support, which is also worth paying a little extra.

·
Registered
5,519 Posts
All I use is single pin. Try HHA or Vital Bow Gear. Todays bows are fast enough that 1 pin is all you need from 0-30 yds.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Go to archerytalk you can pick up a hha 5500 series for a good price I bought one on there last year for 65 bucks thing was practically brand new..

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the replies, it looks like HHA is the way to go.

Paul

·
Super Moderator
13,238 Posts
repsagA29 said:
Thanks for all the replies, it looks like HHA is the way to go.

Paul
A good choice. I have had the HHA OL-5000 or equal for several years and like it very much. As suggested before, if you get any thing brighter it can made a "Halo" in direct sun light. Meaning your sight pin will appear larger than it normally does. I can still see the pin in low light situations when I am unable to see the target well enough to shoot well. I do a lot of my target shoot right at dusk.

·
Banned
462 Posts
This is the exact reason why I shoot Montana Black Gold Premium bow sights. The photochromatic technology keeps your pin bright and never lets it halo, independent testing has shown MBG sights are the brightest fiber optics without the use of a light, unlike other slider type sights the MBG requires no spacer for mounting a quiver it mounts flush to the sight an absolute must for hunters, and now offer a Lifetime warranty on all pieces of the sight.....give them a look I have the Easy Glider and the new Ascent looks absolutely sick.

http://www.blackgoldsights.com

1 - 10 of 10 Posts