The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going to revive an old thread dating back to the months Obama became president but couldn't find it.

So the question is. Since Obama's been in office how many of you or know someone who has had their guns taken away?

·
Registered
13,867 Posts
Why do people on this site want to confuse the issue. This is a constitutional issue. Everyone wants to debate on what the founding fathers meant by the second ammendment but no one wants to accept what the thought of the second ammendment and why they wanted it in there. Read this and tell me what there is to debate?

*First, Thomas Jefferson: No Freeman shall ever be disbarred from the use of arms.
*Arms in the hands of citizens may be used at individual discretion in private self-defense, John Adams.
*The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed with Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation, where the Government are afraid to trust their people with arms, James Madison.
*Arms discourage and keep the invader and the plunderer in awe and preserve order in the world as well as property. Horrid mischief would ensue if the law-abiding were deprived the use of private arms, Thomas Payne.
*Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined, nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants. They serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides from an unarmed man, may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man, Thomas Jefferson.
*A militia, when properly formed, are in fact the people themselves. They include all men capable of bearing arms. To preserve liberty is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike how to use them, Richard Henry Lee.
*The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms, Samuel Adams.
*I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them, George Mason.

Ask yourself, Why wasn't I taught these quotes in grade school? Why do we not discuss medical malpractice as the big killer it is? Why do we not outlaw french fries? Why are we ok with alcohol as a legal substance? How can we not see that freedoms are only enjoyed when a government respects it's people? When people are able to live how they want to live? How can government tell you when you can and can't protect your life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't follow. The intent of my post was to ask these people so feverishly trying to defend their rights to bear arms if their rights have been infringed thus far.

·
Registered
7,139 Posts
Obama's been in office how many of you or know someone who has had their guns taken away?

I dont know about lost guns, but I knew quite a few who lost their jobs.

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
Quite a few have lost their houses also.

Some bowhunters lost their bows, thats fo shizzle.

·
Super Moderator
13,222 Posts
B0whunt3r said:
I was going to revive an old thread dating back to the months Obama became president but couldn't find it.

So the question is. Since Obama's been in office how many of you or know someone who has had their guns taken away?
I think Obama is having toooo many serious problems/issues now to want to start challenging the second amendment....
But you can believe it is on his agenda based on his history.

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
Now that Obamacare has been rammed down our throats we will see continued assaults on our liberties. The liberals have wanted complete control for how many years and now they have it. Until the November elections expect more bad news tocome rolling out of Washington.

·
Registered
13,867 Posts
troutbert said:
Don't confuse things by introducing facts. :)
"In order to keep an open mind, I am trying to avoid learning anything."
- Ashleigh Brilliant

·
Super Moderator
28,088 Posts
troutbert said:
Ghost said:
Obama's been in office how many of you or know someone who has had their guns taken away?
A question is a fact?

·
Registered
6,866 Posts
BcozHunter said:
troutbert said:
Ghost said:
A question is a fact?
This is called being proactive. It's important to catch people BEFORE they introduce facts. If the fact was introduced that people's guns HAVEN'T been taken away that would spoil everything.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
being proactive, i will add that they haven't been taken away yet!! he doesn't want a war on two fronts. obamacare first.

·
Super Moderator
28,088 Posts
troutbert said:
BcozHunter said:
troutbert said:
Ghost said:
A question is a fact?
This is called being proactive. It's important to catch people BEFORE they introduce facts. If the fact was introduced that people's guns HAVEN'T been taken away that would spoil everything.
Being pro-active also means being vigilant. Being pro-active is the reason no outright attempt to infringe on our 2A rights has been made.....yet.
I'll stick with my pro-active crowd, and stop them BEFORE they introduce the legislation that so many of THEM want.

·
Super Moderator
28,088 Posts
Mutt, I guess that would be a different look at pro-active, and certainly not the pro-active means I'm advocating.

·
Banned
10,004 Posts
Our liberal friend asked a question. I simply provided an answer, Bcoz.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts