The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wife took 2 small venison necks, seasoned with minced garlic, bay leaves, couple of onions- put in pressure cooker for 40 minutes, then added potatoes, celery, carrots, 3 more onions- cooked another 20- what a meal!!!!

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Must be the same one my wife bought! Try some country pork ribs- do a dry rub and then dilute some Sweet Baby Ray's right in the pot and cook them.

·
Registered
9,265 Posts
My grandma bought me one on QVC a few years ago, a countertop one that you just program with the pressure and cook time you want, and it's AWESOME!!! I use it all the time. Critters that would otherwise be really tough and have to cook forever go in and 30 minutes later it's like they were in the slow cooker for a day. I like to put in some goose meat, even those terribly tough legs, with some dark beer and veggies and out comes a delicious goose stew!

·
Registered
707 Posts
Love those electric pressure cookers. Used mine this week. Most likley over the weekend I'll do a brisket and pull it apart and make some pulled meat for sammmies.

·
Registered
9,265 Posts
They are a greatly underutilized appliance. I think if more people knew about them and how easy they make it, more people would cook real food at home.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts