The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This one is pretty simple and uses all venison, which I like.

Venison Sausage

1 lb. ground venison
1.5 tsp. seasoned salt
1.5 tsp. poultry seasoning
1.5 tsp. dried parsley flakes
1 - 1.5 tsp. chili powder

Mix seasonings with ground meat, that's it. After that you can either shape it into logs and wrap with plastic wrap and refrigerate, or put it into casings. I form them it into patties and stick them on a cookie sheet to freeze them and then stick them into another container. Makes it simple to throw a patty or two in the skillet in the morning.

Tasty and some good eating!

·
Registered
13,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would think it would. Also if you like sage sausage you can substitute the chili powder for 1.5 tsp of ground sage. I like it either way and usually make both.

·
Super Moderator
4,388 Posts
Great recipe !!!!!!

Made some this week and ate allot of it, last nite....

The Commanding General [wife] even gave her yum of approvial....

Thanks for sharing it..

·
Premium Member
23,866 Posts
eyefromthesky said:
This one is pretty simple and uses all venison, which I like.

Venison Sausage

1 lb. ground venison
1.5 tsp. seasoned salt
1.5 tsp. poultry seasoning
1.5 tsp. dried parsley flakes
1 - 1.5 tsp. chili powder

Mix seasonings with ground meat, that's it. After that you can either shape it into logs and wrap with plastic wrap and refrigerate, or put it into casings. I form them it into patties and stick them on a cookie sheet to freeze them and then stick them into another container. Makes it simple to throw a patty or two in the skillet in the morning.

Tasty and some good eating!

One simple one to try for sure!!

Thanks for sharing Bill!

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Finally got some burger out to try this. Good. I mixed it last nite and left it in the bowl. Got it out awhile ago and made patties I fried in some butter. I'll be trying the sage too. Best part is its all venison.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Looks good. I like coriander and marjoram in my sausage, but I bet this is fine without them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts