The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
13,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Take some jalapenos, cut them in half and remove the seeds and membrane with a spoon. Fill em with cream cheese then wrap them with a piece of bacon. Stick a toothpick through to hold the bacon if necessary. Cook them on a pan with a rack so the bacon grease drains at 400 degrees for about twenty five to thirty minutes. Just until the bacon cooks and the cream cheese gets a slight brown tinge around the edges. mmmmmm.......mmmmmmmm.......mmmmmm

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
I have a bunch of HABENEROS ....What can I do with these?I have no idea why I planted them cause DEY BE HOT!!!
..I grilled a couple with a T-bone last eve and they gave the steak some great flavor but the pepper was still way toooo hot fer me.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
For the Haberneros they are good to grate or slice very thin and use in sauces. It doesn't take much but it adds great flavor. Pickle them and give them away or take them to the bar! Nothing says entertainment like half drunk guys eating haberneros.

I have had many variations of the stuffed jalapenos. I stuff poblano peppers with cheese potatoes bacon and chicken. awesome stuff.

·
Super Moderator
23,758 Posts
we call those atomic buffalo turds. they are even better smoked

ATBs

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Made some for dinner this evening as appetisers, I put some chives in the cream cheese. They were great!

·
Registered
12,369 Posts
I take the jalapenos and cut just the top off were the stem is...then take a knife and cut around the seeds and pull them out and rinse the inside of the pepper to remove all seeds...

Then I take
32 ounces of Ricotta Cheese
16 ounces of mozzarella Cheese (grated)
1 teaspoon of garlic powder (NOT Salt)
2 Teaspoons Onion Powder(NOT Salt)
3 teaspoons salt
1 teasoon black peppers
1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon of sugar
mix all up and use a pastry bag and fill the insides of the jalapeno with the mix, then wrap a piece of bacon around the jalapeno to keep the cheese mix from coming out and then wrap in aluminum foil and cook on low heat till done to liking on a gas or charcoal grill.

GREAT Taste....and the mix can be used to stuff shells like manicotti!
You can add more of the spices to your taste, it isn't an exact recipe!

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Sounds good Woody.

·
Super Moderator
23,758 Posts
i didcided to make some today since i got a ton of jalapenos. these are fresh from the garden.basically just cream cheese, chedder cheese, some onion powder and garlic powder and some salt and pepper.will be cooked on the smoker for about 2 hours at 225 degrees. i'll probobly use apple wood to smoke.

i'll post more pictures when they are done

·
Registered
588 Posts
TATERDAVID said:
i didcided to make some today since i got a ton of jalapenos. these are fresh from the garden.basically just cream cheese, chedder cheese, some onion powder and garlic powder and some salt and pepper.will be cooked on the smoker for about 2 hours at 225 degrees. i'll probobly use apple wood to smoke.

DUDE I DROWLED ALL OVER MY KEYBOARD

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
WACKUMANDSTACKUM said:
TATERDAVID said:

DUDE I DROWLED ALL OVER MY KEYBOARD
Is that like drooling?

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
Now if I want to smoke the habeneros should I take the inner contents out and smoke only the fleshy part?ALSO could I dry these and grind them and use them as I would any other ground pepper but in smaller doses?lol

·
Super Moderator
23,758 Posts
HABERNEROS ARE STILL GONNA BE HOT

also a word of warnining. use rubber gloves while messing with jalapenos, the juice will make for a burning sensation if you get it on your hands or other sensitive areas

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I love hot but after a run in with a bunch of habaneros where the skin literally pealed off of my hands for a few days I always wear rubber gloves.
For jalopenos I like to fill them with a ricotta/mozarella/parmesan stuffing and bake them in spaghetti sauce. I also put one or two inside each stuffed bell pepper I make.

·
Registered
12,369 Posts
TATERDAVID said:
HABERNEROS ARE STILL GONNA BE HOT

also a word of warnining. use rubber gloves while messing with jalapenos, the juice will make for a burning sensation if you get it on your hands or other sensitive areas
Tater,

You sure you didn't mean to put Haberneros in there??

All the times I have worked with jalapenos, I have not had any type of burning on my hands or face....but let me cut open 1 Habernero and without getting any juice on my skin...my face and hands are instantly Fire!

You got Girly hands there when working with them jalapenos??

1 - 20 of 29 Posts