1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,120 Posts
Cool pic never saw one of those before

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Great pic you ought to forward it to the PGC bat bio and see how often he has seen this. I love those little buggers and love them even more when I think of how many skeeters they eat in one night. Tks for posting the pic.

·
Registered
16,472 Posts
I've been making it a point to sit in my front yard most dusks this summer and watch them in the act.

·
Registered
748 Posts
ancient indian said:
Great pic you ought to forward it to the PGC bat bio and see how often he has seen this. I love those little buggers and love them even more when I think of how many skeeters they eat in one night. Tks for posting the pic.
Maybe John S could relate to silver-hair bat. Just joking John

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
It is a Hoary Bat, the most common killed by wind farms becaue they at the most common forest bat (along with brown bats) and is the largest bat in PA. Just had the bat girl look at the photos and she said the silver haired bat has less white, just silver tips and is much more black. The face and the white spots on the wing give it away.

·
Administrator
29,048 Posts
When I saw the title of this thread I thought there was gonna be a pic of my ex mother in law. I'm glad it was only a rodent that catches bugs. They're not as scary.

·
Registered
11,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks FD. I took pics of a silver-haired last archery season. When I saw this one I thought it had much more silver frosting.

·
Premium Member
24,120 Posts
shorthair926 said:
ancient indian said:
Maybe John S could relate to silver-hair bat. Just joking John

·
Registered
11,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Found the little guy dead just a few feet from where I took the pic. Must have been hurt or something.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts