The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
no. mine were messed up when i bought it and i sent it back to ruger and they fixed everything... sights re mounted, action cleaned up and polished. the works. i love the redhawks...

·
Registered
378 Posts
I didn't care for the WO rear or red insert front sight, so replaced them with Ruger's gold bead front sight and V-notch rear sight. I even tried the colored front sight set Ruger sold but always came back to the steel sights with the fine gold bead front and V-notch. I found this setup worked best for me for both short and long distances.

My Redhawk:
http://www.huntingpa.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1796267#Post1796267

·
Registered
476 Posts
I used the following sights from Midwayusa a couple of years ago and they are by far the best sights I ever had on a handgun. I use mine for hunting and the sights are unbelievable easy to see in the woods. I have shot hand gun for 40 years and wish I could have used this set up on my Colts that I had
Williams Fire Sight Set Ruger GP100, Redhawk, Super Redhawk Fiber Optic Green
Marble's Front Sight Ruger Super Redhawk 480 Ruger, Redhawk 44 Remington Magnum .390" Height Fiber Optic Green

1 - 5 of 5 Posts