The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
  • Hey Guest, it looks like you haven't made your first post yet. Until you make an introduction thread, the rest of the site is locked to posting. Why not take a few minutes to say hi!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,440 Posts
It's OK to use foster slugs in a rifled barrel. Just don't do it all the time. The soft lead will foul the barrel, and will require cleaning it out.

I've always used them to get me close since they cost less than half of what sabot's cost. A box or two won't hurt anything.

· Registered
1,440 Posts
What I meant by getting close is when you first install a new scope or shooting an open sighted gun for the first time. My bore sighter doesn't have arbors for shotgun barrels. I just put a target at 25 yards, and shoot a couple slugs to see where it hits. If it shoot 6 inches high and right I can adjust it to hit close. Sometimes it takes a several shots. Even the cheapest sabots are around $10 a box. Sluggers are around $4-$5 a box. You do the math.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.