The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently replaced the stock sights on my T/C Renegade with a set of T/C fiber optic sights, since my oly eyes don't see as well any more and I wanted to try these. I also want to try shooting the Hornady FPB bullets and 90 grains of black powder. Any suggestions for starting fresh like this? I hate to blow through too many of these FPB's as they're pretty expensive. I was thinking of starting with the sights set about mid way for windage and drop, and round balls to get on the paper and then adjust the sights to the PRB's...?

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Round ball will get you close. Sort of like bore sighting.

If you know anyone with a laser bore sighter, that should get you on the paper as well.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
run of the mill laser bore sighter has a plastic insert tightened enough will work up to .54 caliber, get you close but....

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
I found the rear sight was the close tot eh same # of turns on the spring loaded screw even though the FO has a longer ramp. I really like having them on my Renegade.

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
If you measured the heigth of the front and rear sights and their relationship to center of the top of your barrel and replaced with the new sights in the same location you should be close enough to start shooting at closer ranges and then fine tune from there.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did count clicks when I took the old sights off. Just in case I had to put them back on for some reason I would be close to where they had been.
I also just got one of those laser bore sighters to give a try. I'm hoping I like them too. [censored] when the eyes start to give a little....!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts