The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some help. I just bought the PSE Madness XS ready to shoot package and I dont like the sight that came on it since you have to turn a light on to see the pins. Seems like youd wash anything out close to night time. Anybody have any suggestions on what kind of sight to use?

Also what do people see wrong with whisker biscuits? Ive seen people bash them before but I never found anything wrong except slowing the arrow down a bit.

Thanks!

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had a sight on my old bow that was terrific until it broke and the fiberoptics started sliding around. They caught natural light and would never be too bright. I cant remember the name since this was over 6 years ago.

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
I just switched to a HHA with rheostat one pin set -up
I had a 5 pin tru-glo on it fiber optic tht were clear as a bell no light needed to see them

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
Extreme Archery makes multiple pin sights that are of a newer fiberoptic material that really absorbs light. Also look at Sword and Toxonics. I know older Trophy Ridge sites were "dark" unless you used the light.

If you are willing to try single pin sites- HHA with the reostat is the best I've found.

As far as whisker bisquets- personally I like them for hunting- no moving parts- full arrow containment- 275fps without one and 272 fps with one- I don't think 3 fps at 25 yds is a factor.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks guys.. any views on pendulum sights? I used my dads bow this year and hes got one but I never got a shot out of the tree with it. Any good/ bad experiences?

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
I second the Sword sight. I have one and love it. TGhe pins are bright and the construction is outstanding. I think they are a "mom and pops" company out of Kentucky. Don't let that discourage you though. They are great sights.

·
Registered
16,275 Posts
I am a big fan of HHA sights... small pins and bright. Small pins make it easy to aim accurately... very accurately.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
TurkeyBoy17 said:
thanks guys.. any views on pendulum sights? I used my dads bow this year and hes got one but I never got a shot out of the tree with it. Any good/ bad experiences?
Practice out of a tree and come to your own conclusion personnally I've never used a pendulom style sight so I can't give you my opinion.. I have used numerous single and multi pin sights I prefer multi pin I currently use a sword 3rd plane it's a 5 pin sight with very small pins .10 they are tiny but plenty bright the smaller pin size helps with longer shots it's easier to pick a spot on the deer or target to shoot at.

I don't know if you are on a budget but if money is not an issue I would recommend the sword brand for multi pin sights but if you like a single pin then go with HHA. if you are not looking to break the bank Truglo makes a really good multi and single pin sight I would not hesitate to buy one of these.. on a side note truglo sells a 20 dollar 3 pin sight at walmart stay away from that one it is junk..

·
Registered
658 Posts
I have a Vital Gear Star Pro single pin slider w/.019 pin. The pin looks like a xmas tree light well after shooting light.As well as the yardage markers.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
settler said:
I like HHA with rheostat. Thats if you don't mind a single pin. Very bright and adjustable. Also love the WB.
DITTO---I have the HHA DS 5519 and wow is it a bright sight in the minimal lighting conditions!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts