The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a good concealed carry and home defense pistol. Looking for something i can switch barrels so i can should less expensive ammo at range and bigger caliber for defense. considering Sig P250 What do you guys think? and also on the size?

·
Registered
301 Posts
I just picked up a p250 sub compact. Its very accurate and a blast to shoot. Its hard to find a holster though. That's my only issue so far.

·
Super Moderator
7,758 Posts
I looked at one at Cabela's. Seemed ok, fit my hand well enough. I've read that there are some durability/reliability concerns with the 250, though?

You might consider something like a Glock 23, which is apparently coming in with police returns in a large numbers. I have one (40S&W) and enjoy the heck out of it, and you could put a 9mm barrel in it to leverage cheaper 9mm ammo opportunities.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I've had a P250 2SUM in 9mm for about a year and a half now. It has functioned perfectly for me in both sub compact and full size configurations. It is very accurate but the looooong (but smooth) trigger takes some getting used to... especially for a rifle shooter.

I've never had a FTF/FTE. I don't shoot a lot but probably have somewhere between 500 and 1000 rounds through it. The only thing I've noticed with mine is that the slide doesn't always catch on an empty mag.

As far as holsters go, I think there are a few out there. I found a Galco IWB for mine (in Sub Compact) that was made for a Glock. It fits perfectly. I forget which Glock it was (26 maybe) but I can check and report back if anyone is interested.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts