The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to be in the market for a Side X Side UTV. Which one do you recommend and why?

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
646 Posts
Depends what you're going to use it for. Me? I'd go with the Kawasaki Teryx. More power than the Rhino or Prowler with all the same benefits. The Rhino is probably the most "proven". The new Ranger from Polaris is probably the best combination of style and work performance (if you don't intend on trail riding). Really need to know what you're going to be doing to really give an honest opinion. The only advice I can "really" give you is never take advice from people that don't even know what you want it for. For example if you want it strickly to race around and trail ride then the Razr is really your only choice.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
All depends on what you want it to do. Speed, towing, off road, farm use.... I have a 450 Rhino and the 660. 450 is more than enough for me. Main use of 450 is farm work, plowing, food plots and off road driving. I have used the 660 to haul logs a good bit. Other than that the 450 does the same stuff.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys,

I'm more interested in the utlity end of the game. Snow plowing, Hauling wood, food plots, and pulling logs. After those needs, everthing else is a bonus.

·
Registered
835 Posts
you are going to need power, I have also heard those diesel kobuta's have some nice features. I think they come with a better hitch setup which you will probably want.

·
Registered
8,133 Posts
i actually think the kubotas are under powered. they are also loud and ride very rough, but you can't beat them for work and hauling capacity, very good for what there made for.
i agree that the polaris is a good combo utv for work and some play.

i have 2 rhinos as well, i have a 660 and a 700, i like both. i do some work, haul wood etc, but mostly we like to trail ride. perfect machine for that.

when looking at utv's, pay attention to the overall size and turning radius......apply that info to how you think the machine will get around the terrain you are going to use it . rhinos get through most trails that 4 wheelers do, some bigger machines can't do that.

they all have pros and cons

·
Registered
787 Posts
Don't mean to change the post, but what plows better, atv or utv. My driveway has a pretty good pitch to it. I also would like to haul wood and do general minor work in an wooded area behind my house. You know, another man toy.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Thanks, I'm leaning that way. Now I have to choose a model. I was looking at a Ranger 400 the other day, and I thought it would fit my needs, but there are many to consider.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts