Registered
3,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just read that sid is cleared fo
R contact

·
Registered
19,940 Posts
I figured that was coming soon. Good to hear. I'm looking forward to him getting back on the ice.

·
4,246 Posts
Even though he is cleared I still hope they move him along slowly and let him take some hits in practice.

Savard was cleared for contact but couldn't hang in the whole season. I am pumped he is getting closer I just hope they use caution. Season is young, no need to rush.

·
Registered
12,352 Posts
Move him along slowly? What have they been doing for the past 10 months?

·
4,246 Posts
They have been slow because they had to be, now he knows he is good to go and they know he is good to go so the anticipation and eagerness to GO will come in to play. I just mean let him take some shots from the guys in practice before you throw him out there against a Trevor Gillies.

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Sid cleared for contact and the pens signed kunitz to a 2 year contract extension, sounds like a good day for pens fans.

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
Backwoods said:
They have been slow because they had to be, now he knows he is good to go and they know he is good to go so the anticipation and eagerness to GO will come in to play. I just mean let him take some shots from the guys in practice before you throw him out there against a Trevor Gillies.
I wonder who will draw the short straw and have to be the first to hit him in practice. I doubt Gillies will ever get close to Sid. If Bylsma sees that line against Sid's line, he will deal with it by either pulling Sid, thanking God for the easy goal that those no talent goons will be sure to give up, or sending MacIntyre, Engelland, Cooke, Asham, and the 7th Cavalry over the boards to handle that problem. But I do relish the chance to see Sid one on one against Gillies in a hockey play.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I bet the league will really be watching this one close...alot closer than the ref in football watch ben...lol
Sid said he might have to instigate alittle to get them to hit him in practice but hey.....won't be long

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
Last year, I might have thought Cooke would step up and welcome Sid back. But now Cooke has changed, stopped the borderline stuff, and has reinvented himself as an unstoppable goal scoring machine in contention for the Rocket Richard Trophy.

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
Coach Disco says Puppy Fur will hit him first, which makes me happy. Good to start things off very, very lightly. Having Engelland, Orpik or Cooke dish out the first hit since January may well kill him. Sid won't even know Puppy Fur hit him.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Practice is fine but I'm interested to see what happens in games.
Any pretense that players should hold back and treat Crosby with kid gloves is just dumb. Crosby is already the best player in the game so he gets the extra attention and checked like any other top player.

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
I agree. His injury is not the problem of other players. I will say one thing going for him is that he's not a dirty player, and doesn't hit guys just to hit them. That's what got Lindros in trouble. He never cut anyone a break, so when other players had a chance, nobody cut him one either. Kasparitis and Scott Stevens come to mind. Sid also is fairly good at avoiding big hits, provided he can see them coming, unlike the ones that put him out.

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
Opposing players are definitely going to test out that injury, as they should. That said, MacIntyre and Engelland should be permanent fixtures on the ice once he's back. Opposing players should, and will, test his out. The Pens should, and will, make them pay for it.

·
Registered
20,675 Posts
steelerfan58 said:
Backwoods said:
I wonder who will draw the short straw and have to be the first to hit him in practice. I doubt Gillies will ever get close to Sid. If Bylsma sees that line against Sid's line, he will deal with it by either pulling Sid, thanking God for the easy goal that those no talent goons will be sure to give up, or sending MacIntyre, Engelland, Cooke, Asham, and the 7th Cavalry over the boards to handle that problem. But I do relish the chance to see Sid one on one against Gillies in a hockey play.
Is Gillies capable of a "hockey" play? I dont think so.

·
Registered
20,675 Posts
steelerfan58 said:
Coach Disco says Puppy Fur will hit him first, which makes me happy. Good to start things off very, very lightly. Having Engelland, Orpik or Cooke dish out the first hit since January may well kill him. Sid won't even know Puppy Fur hit him.
This is not well known, but Puppy Fur has been hitting him all along. Nobody ever told Puppy Fur what the different color helmet Sid was wearing meant. Apparently it had no noticable effect on Sids recovery.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts