The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The media needs to relax a bit. He's not that good. There's a reason he wasn't the original starter. It's not like he's throwing for 9 TDs and 600 yards per game. Give it a break. He's immensely overrated.

·
Registered
7,007 Posts
So simply because hes not a typical nfl quarterback hes overrated?

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im just saying hes not half as good as people are saying he is.

·
Registered
7,007 Posts
Seems to be doing a fine job of winning football games....which is what the quarterback is supposed to help his team do...right?

·
Registered
7,007 Posts
Is that why the Universylum always says "Poor Stogey"? Is it cause they like the way "Stogey" sounds?

·
Banned
13,401 Posts
He wins. That's why he is all the talk. Nobody can figure out why he does but he wins. He's the biggest story in the NFL right now. What should they talk about? What Peyton's reaction will be when the Colts draft Andrew Luck?

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
tebow is a straight up winner which is very evident by the fact that the broncos were last and are now first in the afc west. phillip rivers is usually a statistic machine. where's that taken the chargers?

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
People said the same thing about Big Ben when he got his shot and took the Steelers to 15-1 in his first season after Maddox got hurt.

Not saying he is Ben by any stretch but I will say this, Tebow for President! hehe

·
Banned
11,450 Posts
If one thinks "being a quarterback" is simply executing plays on the field that are called by the OC, it is understandable why people make the mistake of thinking he is overrated.

He is the team leader. Responsibilities of a leader go far beyond play execution.

Tebow is why the Broncos are where they are at right now.

·
Registered
12,352 Posts
He don't care if his play don't please us
Long as he's got his plastic Jesus
Riding on the dashboard of his car.

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
Which is it?

In his 3rd start folks were saying "he's not NFL caliber"

Now "he's not really very good"

I haven't watched him play, but he wins games.

I think people just like hating on him.

·
Registered
20,672 Posts
Dan Castle said:
tebow is a straight up winner which is very evident by the fact that the broncos were last and are now first in the afc west. phillip rivers is usually a statistic machine. where's that taken the chargers?
That's a good point. I'd rather have a guy that wins the game than one who throws a pretty spiral, or has a great yardage total or passer rating.

·
Registered
76 Posts
ESPN has been following Tebow since he was about 15 or 16. I can remember watching the specials about him a long time ago. People love to hate the winners. Sports history has proven that. Sure, Tebow isn't Peyton Manning, but he's doing what he has to do to win games with the offense he has around him, which is not all that talented to begin with. And sure, Tebow only throws maybe 15 times a game, but he's just a horse to the driver, his OC. The coaching staff knows Tebow's style and has adjusted to it. You plan your game strategy around the players and their skills, not the other way around.

How anyone can hate on a player that is getting the job done (with limited nfl experience!) and is an absolute role model both on and off the field is beyond me. Go ahead and hate him. and then drool over the statistics and play of the other guys like Michael Vick, Ben Roethlisberger, Ray Lewis, Santonio Holmes, Plaxico Burress, Ahmad Bradshaw, Dante Stallworth (who at least owned up to it), Brandon Marshall, Cedric Benson, Pacman Jones, etc. That way you can show your kids that it's ok to act the way they do, as long as you put up huge numbers. Cuz that's a "real" class act.

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
Vick owned up to what he did, at least partly. He pled guilty. If you ever saw the interview video with the drunk 20 year old who claimed Ben raped her, you would understand why charges were not brought.

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
Dan Castle said:
Exactly. I usually don't have much to agree with that Dan says down here, but I do have to say he's right on this one. Stats are for losers, in Belicheats words. And the stat machine he operates tend to lose when it counts. Does Ben put up great numbers? Not usually. But who has won the most Super Bowls since 2004? Give you all a hint--it isn't Brady, either Manning, and CERTAINLY not Philip Rivers.

·
Banned
11,450 Posts
steelerfan58 said:
Vick owned up to what he did, at least partly. He pled guilty. If you ever saw the interview video with the drunk 20 year old who claimed Ben raped her, you would understand why charges were not brought.
He got busted, big time. Afterwards he pled guilty. You make it sound like he suddenly realized the error of his ways and drove to the police station to turn himself in. If he didn't get caught he would still be doing it.

Ben - Let's not even go there. We agreed to disagree a long time ago.

·
Banned
16,019 Posts
I truly believe that the real issue that the sports media has with Tebow is his Christianity. They have been invested is his failure long before he was even drafted by the Broncos. He was a good kid with a clean background and a history of being a role model and they hate that. It's much easier to love the media attention grabbers that are loud and arrogant and love to spout off all the time than a humble guy who loves to give credit to everyone else. They told us that Tebow was a joke and would fail from the start and now since he has been successful they are finding every excuse possible to claim that he had nothing to do with any of the wins.

It's always some other factor that allows the Broncos to pull it out. When they beat Miami it was because the Dolphins were in the wrong defense on the 2 pt conversion. Same thing with the Jets game. Then it was the defense that won the games. This week it was Marion Barber's fault. The simply cannot give him ANY credit whatsoever because it would imply that they were wrong and they will not do it. The sports media love to drool over the Mannings and Bradys and Breeses of the world because they put up big numbers. They even love Vick even though when he first came into the league he was a terrible passer and used his legs to electrify the team. Tebow is really no different and yet they spit venom with ferocity at him. Why? His religion MUST be the only reason. Look at those moronic players from the Lions mocking his kneeling in that game. Seriously? Grow up and get a life idiots! Recently we have seen Plummer and Warner come out and attack Tebow for mentioning his religion during the games. There is a pattern here of hatred toward him simply because he is a Christian.

The role of any QB is to lead his team to wins in ANY way possible. Tebow is the ultimate team player and there is no doubt that his positivity and emotion has given the Broncos a spark. That same defense was there when Orton was starting and they even had Brandon Llyod back then and yet they were 1-4. Whatever it is that he brings to the team it makes them believe in themselves and it leads to wins.

I'm tired of the Tebow hate. He might not ever make it past this season as a starter but right now he is living his dream of being a starter in the NFL and to top it all off he is winning. He has achieved his life dream and it getting bashed weekly for doing so. I don't get it. Let the man play football and just shut up about it already. When he loses his next game you all can pile on and gloat about how right you were and how much of a loser he is and generally rip him a new one. Until then, sit back and enjoy the ride.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts