The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Simple but amazing.

In a crock pot put the following:

A couple venison roasts, I used a shoulder roast and a neck roast.
20 oz Coca Cola.
Dash of liquid smoke.

Simmer on high for 4 hours, then low for another 4 hours. Drain the soda and juices, shred the venison and add a BBQ sauce of your choice. Simmer on low for another 4 hours. Enjoy!

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
I've done the same thing with goose before! Defintely worth making!

·
Registered
561 Posts
I have posted this one before. Easy to do and very good.

2 pound roast
1 can tomato soup
1 onion diced
1/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup vinegar
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup Worcestershire
3/4 cup stock (see instructions below)
1/4 teaspoon celery seed
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon liquid smoke

Put roast in slow cooker and cover with water. Cook 10-12 hours.
Remove meat from cooker and let cool. Save 3/4 cup of the stock and discard the rest.
Shred roast with a fork.
Combine all ingredients in slow cooker and cook for 6 hours stirring occasionally.
Serve on BBQ Beef buns.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
JetMaxx said:
Simple but amazing.

In a crock pot put the following:

A couple venison roasts, I used a shoulder roast and a neck roast.
20 oz Coca Cola.
Dash of liquid smoke.

Simmer on high for 4 hours, then low for another 4 hours. Drain the soda and juices, shred the venison and add a BBQ sauce of your choice. Simmer on low for another 4 hours. Enjoy!
Just made this one the other day along with a homemade BBQ sauce.
It is great!!!

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have another neck and shoulder going right now. It will be enjoyed during the Eagles and Phillies games tomorrow night.

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
I'll be right over. driving to philly today anyway...gonna miss all the football

·
Registered
778 Posts
Well, I made it this weekend and was very pleased w/ the results!!! I'm not sure what the impact of the Coke was, but the roast came out great and if it wasn't for the slightest hint of deer smell, you would have never known! Now I finally have a use for roasts instead of just jerky! Thanks.

·
Registered
654 Posts
thanks for sharing,this is excellent,i had it for lunch today.put in crockpot late last night on low ,shredded this morning and added bbq sauce put back in croc until lunch.will have again very good

·
Registered
10,495 Posts
Have been cooking this recipe for 10 hours now and I can't wait to try it! I am going to put it on some good bakery rolls and shredded pepper jack cheese.

·
Registered
10,495 Posts
I used regular coke and it was awesome ! My fiance loved it too. This is one great recipe. Big thanks to the OP for posting it !

1 - 17 of 17 Posts