The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,855 Posts
You probably can, but IMO you wont do well......here is the color spec off the UKC site...

COLOR
Preferred color is a dark blue, thickly mottled body, spotted by various shaped black spots on back, ears and sides. Preference is to more blue than black on body. Head and ears predominantly black. With or without tan markings (over eyes, on cheeks, chest and below tail), and red ticking on feet and lower legs. Red may be eliminated as to the desire of the breeder, as well as the amount of black on the body and the tan head coloring.

A fully blue mottled body is preferred over light ticking on the body. There should be more blue ticking than white in the body coat.
Is he purebred Bluetick?

·
Super Moderator
12,802 Posts
makes me feel good buckshot! thats how i answered in a PM!

im not a showman...just a hunter/handler..and dont know much about bluedogs at all...but that pic looks more like a few of the walker lines than anything...

not saying its not a true bluetick..very well could be..

i did tell him if if the color was not deemed a disqualifying fault, and he was on the bench next to a typical colored blue dog, he's likely loosing every time...

im not a showman though...but thats my best guess...

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
been a show judge since 1983.. Yes you can show him.. points will be deducted by the judges when you show him. color is only worth 5 points....

·
Registered
5,855 Posts
I have seen quite a number of blue dogs that look like that, neat looking dogs for sure...

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I owned one that looked just like that.. She was of the same blood as this one. Loud mouth and a tree dog 2nd to none.. Good luck with him.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts