The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought this might be fun. Show us a pic of your childs first deer and any stories that go along with it.

This is my middle son's first. A 9 point shot when he was 15. He head shot it. When I asked him why the head he said "Dad, It's the only thing I could see". I think he had rack tunnel vision

·
Banned
13,401 Posts

This was two years ago when my son was 10. It was opening morning of rifle on Leb. co. farmland. I was looking straight ahead when I saw my boy raise the gun out of the corner of my eye. I looked and this six pointer was coming up the trail and he stopped 25 yards away in a shooting lane I had cut. My boy shot him in the shoulder with a 150 grain 30-30 and he piled up. I was never so proud.

·
Registered
21,381 Posts

Daughter Sara, age 13- 2003

·
Registered
335 Posts
Tyler's first. 2006 button buck from Greene County. My left ear still rings from that shot! Tyler was 15.

Heather was 16 when she shot her first. Her first year of hunting. Double lung hit with 30-30 single shot rifle, Somerset County.

·
Registered
7,680 Posts
My son Shane with his first deer during his first hunt in 2007. Taken with a Rem Model 7 in 7MM-08.

·
Registered
21,381 Posts
She's 19 now, she was 13 then I believe. Thank you for the compliment. I think she's adorable myself!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts