The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Looks awesome. How does the clover chicory do w the heat of the summer? Does it really slow down growth and attractiveness when it’s super hot? I was planning on putting portion of our plot in that mix.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks awesome. How does the clover chicory do w the heat of the summer? Does it really slow down growth and attractiveness when it’s super hot? I was planning on putting portion of our plot in that mix.
This year has been a challenge because of all the rain. I finally decided to mow it even though it was soft, and then a week later I was able spray during a 36 hour dry spell. I had concerns but the spray was effective. I don't think heat will be an issue this summer. Regardless, I won't do anything more to it now until fall then I'll clip the tops with the mower and spray again if I have to.

·
Registered
12,253 Posts
cpsot has been my food plot mentor from HPA. Never met the guy, but through pm's he's answered all of my questions while turning me on to some good plot techniques, and products. My plot is looking great this year. Thanks cspot.
Missed this post. Your food plot looks better than mine. LOL. It was no problem and I was glad to help. I have gotten alot of help from others on here over the years. Good group of guys on this forum.

Have you gotten a pic of the 170" buck in it yet? :grin2: How has your grapevines and other trial products going?

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Missed this post. Your food plot looks better than mine. LOL. It was no problem and I was glad to help. I have gotten alot of help from others on here over the years. Good group of guys on this forum.

Have you gotten a pic of the 170" buck in it yet? :grin2: How has your grapevines and other trial products going?
I've never seen a 170" buck. LOL!! I do have a bachelor group of 8 bucks visiting the plot and the largest has 3" spikes at this point (pitiful). :sad:

You're not going to believe the grapevine scrape. I'll have to take a picture. :nerd:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts