The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that he has a fourth Superbowl, what else does he have to prove??? Why not retire on top? Get out with no major injuries. He's set financially and then some and has already played what like 14 seasons.

·
6,669 Posts
Should? Sure, why not go out on top.

Will he? No, because then the argument will always be Joe Montana did it in only four Super Bowls...he wants one more.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Still seems to be on top of his game unlike Manning.
He just seems so competitive I can't see him walking away with a chance to win maybe a couple more.

·
Registered
39,594 Posts
The competitor in him says, keep playing. It's hard for these guys to walk away when they are still healthy.

I don't think it matters how many trophys they have. Plus, he doesn't need the money but he can sure use it.

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Look how long it took him to go from 3 to 4. And didn't Seattle just reiterate to us just how hard it is to repeat?

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Why retire ?,
he's still in the top 5 of all QB's in league
Has the best coach
A relatively young good Defense
Has proven that his "skill" position players are pretty easily replaceable .
Slam dunk 1st ballot HOF
Get 1 more ring ...
Not really an argument for best ever.
Patriots offense does not depend on deep ball.
(8 of his 37 completions were thrown 10 yds or more over line of scrimmage )
dink and dunk is working pretty good for him.

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
camohunter7 said:
Get 1 more ring ...
Yeah there is. Name one of those rings that don't have a cloud of shady dealings attached to them. The sad fact is that he is a very good QB who probably would have won a SB or 2, but has not been proven to be able to do it without cheating.

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
steelerfan58 said:
camohunter7 said:
Get 1 more ring ...
Yeah there is. Name one of those rings that don't have a cloud of shady dealings attached to them. The sad fact is that he is a very good QB who probably would have won a SB or 2, but has not been proven to be able to do it without cheating.
I agree. Anyone who saw Joe Montana play at all could argue that Brady is NOT the best ever.

·
Registered
19,611 Posts
Brady is all about setting individual records and he won't be happy in a 3way tie for most Super Bowl rings.
He will hang in for a bit so he and Belichick can slick and cheat a few more records.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
If he can still play at a high level and is healthy (which both are the case) there is no reason he should retire. I get the idea of going out on top but he is to competitive to retire now. He has said that he will play into his 40's if he is able to.

·
Banned
19,532 Posts
John Elway did it right! Retired at the top of his game.

Richard Petty did it wrong. Hung on too long, wasn't even able to qualify for races in his last years. Sad.

Brady won't go out, still a great player. But I'd sure respect him if he did. And to be honest, I don't have a lick of respect for him now, he's a cheater and the biggest sissy in the NFL.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts