The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

Registered
Probably the same reason the CDC in February issued the statement masks are useless, and may even be harmful. They want to keep the N95 masks for medical personnel. Faucci himself admitted the February statement by the CDC was made with the sole intent of keeping the general public from siphoning off N95 masks from the medical community. The CDC knew they were misleading the public. And N95 masks are still not easy to find.
theyve told people at my PCP (and have a sign up stating it) to change from any mask that has a particulate filter, and if they don鈥檛 have one they make them put a second, surgical mask over it or switch entirely...

so what happens if you show up in a full respirator/NBC mask I wonder? 馃

Registered
theyve told people at my PCP (and have a sign up stating it) to change from any mask that has a particulate filter, and if they don鈥檛 have one they make them put a second, surgical mask over it or switch entirely...

so what happens if you show up in a full respirator/NBC mask I wonder? 馃
I guess the bourgeoisie rule in your docs office. They are not going to allow the proletariat the same protection they enjoy!!!

Show up in an N95 or better, and it's NO SOUP FOR YOU!!!馃槷

Registered
If your going to start stripping the rights of the American people to make their own choices, where will it stop? The proper way to look at this is, if your at high risk, then you best be as cautious as you possibly can be, that does NOT give you the right to control MY life, MY business, what I do or do not do, or where I go. That sounds uncaring...it is not. I recently had to install a handicap railing at a apartment for elderly assisted living. I called into the office told the manager to come outside as I would not go in, I gladly will wear a mask in that setting and take every precaution considering they are high risk. I will not however do that everywhere I go, does a doctor where a mask everywhere he goes? no only in the operating room. He doesn't wear it to wal mart, or driving down the road, or at burger king or to get gas in his vehicle.
A patient expects proper care in the hospital during an operation, but if he decides to get up during the operation and go out into public, should the public be responsible to suddenly wear a mask? of course not. If you feel YOU are high risk then it is YOUR responsibility to take precaution...not everyone else.

The problem with our society is everyone wants coddled, its everyone else's fault, nobody wants to take responsibility, and expects special treatment. We want things given to us not earned. Free is better and work is shunned, And accountability and consequences for our actions causes protest.

To put it in a nutshell.....If you fear COVID, or feel your high risk, it is your responsibility to protect yourself, not mine. If I come to YOUR house then by all means require what you must of others, but once you step outside your door, don't expect everyone to cater to you. If I felt i was high risk I certainly wouldn't expect that.

Registered
You got it backwards, I'm not spinning. Just repeating fact.

A face covering is not a respirator. Fact. A face covering protects others, not the wearer. Fact. It is simply a cloth barrier to keep your viral bugs from spreading to others. Fact. 100% effective to stop spread? No because its not tight fitting. Fact.

A respirator is a device to protect you, the wearer. Fact. Had the guy in the pic worn a tight-fitting half or full face respirator or even N95 which is also tight fitting, he would have been protected from the sheet rock dust. Fact.

Stop spinning fact to meet political opportunity.
No ...you are wrong about the spin..The picture shows the fact that the misconception of this PUSH to wear face coverings protects all--FACT. It shows how the dust gets into the gaps(signifying how the virus can be breathed in & OUT) The general or majority of population is NOT wearing correctly fitting N95+ masks...or N95+ rated respirators-- FACT
The face coverings that the population is wearing does NOT protect others from the SMALL vapor droplets that one breathers out--FACT. The coverings also absorbs in moisture in breath that contains the virus...the person pulls the mask off...or adjusts the covering touching the moisture laden covering..containing the virus...then touches a cart..door knob...money...FACT

I deal with this mask stuff everyday at work.
The face "coverings" that the general population wears

Registered
Just wait till everybody goes back to work and they are forced to wear a face mask 8+ hours. I've worked though the whole thing having to wear a facemask. I cannot see how it is helpful having a facemask in front of your mouth while you are breathing, creating a warm moist environment right next to your mouth for viruses and bacteria to live and multiply is helpful. Human being were not designed to have something covering there face to breathe. I predict a large upswing in the cases of upper respiratory infections and asthma due to all of this. I personally wear a mask only at work and at an indoor business. Anything outside public or private I will not wear one, UV light has a wonderful way of denaturing things. But then again, my mask is a just a half turkey mask with a mesh about a fine a window screen.

Registered
Reactions: Mussgrass

Registered
Just wait till everybody goes back to work and they are forced to wear a face mask 8+ hours. I've worked though the whole thing having to wear a facemask. I cannot see how it is helpful having a facemask in front of your mouth while you are breathing, creating a warm moist environment right next to your mouth for viruses and bacteria to live and multiply is helpful. Human being were not designed to have something covering there face to breathe. I predict a large upswing in the cases of upper respiratory infections and asthma due to all of this. I personally wear a mask only at work and at an indoor business. Anything outside public or private I will not wear one, UV light has a wonderful way of denaturing things. But then again, my mask is a just a half turkey mask with a mesh about a fine a window screen.
It鈥檚 already been happening. Healthcare workers and others have been developing bacterial lung infections from wearing masks for 8-10 hours a day...

41 - 50 of 50 Posts