The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
13,125 Posts
I see people in rural areas, alone in their cars, wearing face coverings. Makes no sense, but I don't care what they do if it makes them feel safer.

So far, most of the predictions have not been very accurate. I look at the hard numbers from the cdc and it shows this "pandemic" to be far from the crisis it was predicted to be. 1 million dead, as was predicted early on, would still be only 1/3 of 1% of the US population, and we're only at 120,000 so it's obviously nowhere near the killer we were told it was.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Comparing surgery to the unlikely possibility of getting a virus....theres that distortion you keep talking about.
I agree wearing a mask alone in your car is unnecessary. But that photo of the dry wall worker was purposely put out to confuse people for political gain because its backwards logic. Your doctor isn't wearing a surgical mask or face covering to protect himself from you, he's wearing it to protect you from him. Period. Go ahead, ask him to take it off with your open wound. You won't nor would I.

Fact is this and it is indisputable. Face coverings or surgical masks prevent spread of disease from the wearer. Its a barrier. Why else would we wear them in the operating room? Its to protect the patient. Really simple stuff here, unless you set out to deliberately misinform people. Saying face coverings protect the wearer is literally false.

Respirators. Fact is tight-fitting respirators protect the wearer from contaminants around them. So had the dry wall guy worn one, he'd wouldn't have breathed in the gypsum dust. That's a fact. And the reason why we wear tight fitting respirators instead of surgical masks to abate asbestos. Or hang sheet rock. Or fight interior structure fires. Or weld metals. Wear a respirator to protect yourself; wear a face covering to protect others.

It wasn't designed to be the other way around, and to infer it was is spreading misinformation. That's a shame.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I wear a mask as a choice. I wish others would to but it is their choice and I am fine wit that.

But to have the government (Joe Biden) require it is something I can not get behind. How would the government enforce it? Would Joe "Nationalize" the ACLU and Antifa to arrest citizens who do not wear masks?
Yes, he probably would and the FBI and all federal law enforcement agencies would be assisting.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
If your silly enough to believe general society wearing a mask and the whole...germs can get in but not out theory...have at it. I gotta just shake my head in amazement when I hear people use a doctor in a operating room as an example.

Folks, get a grip on reality, an operating room is a fairly sterile and sanitary environment, when the doctor is done I doubt he uses the same mask and gloves in the next operation he preforms, and when is the last time you saw a doctor preforming an operation in Wal mart while every tom dick and harry that touches everything and anything and has used the same mask for the last 2weeks that hung from his rear view mirror...shuffles all around him? Do you folks actually think about it?

·
Registered
670 Posts
If your silly enough to believe general society wearing a mask and the whole...germs can get in but not out theory...have at it. I gotta just shake my head in amazement when I hear people use a doctor in a operating room as an example.

Folks, get a grip on reality, an operating room is a fairly sterile and sanitary environment, when the doctor is done I doubt he uses the same mask and gloves in the next operation he preforms, and when is the last time you saw a doctor preforming an operation in Wal mart while every tom dick and harry that touches everything and anything and has used the same mask for the last 2weeks that hung from his rear view mirror...shuffles all around him? Do you folks actually think about it?
Wow. Of course the doctor changes his mask and gloves, its for the patient's protection not his. If you really think surgical masks are for protecting the wearer, like inferred in that deliberately misleading dry wall picture, go ahead, ask him or her to take it off when they peer into your open wound. Take the gloves off too, because they washed their hands before starting the procedure, that should be enough. In fact, to really test your theory that surgical masks are totally useless, get him to cough while he's looking at your incision. Really deep, wet cough. Or maybe a good sneeze right on the wound. All without a surgical mask. Bet you don't dare. So obviously that picture was created to mislead.

Admit it was backwards logic - inferring masks should protect wearers instead of the fact masks protect others.

So if masks reduce risk of transmission of disease from doctor to patient in the operating room because the doctor's lungs and airway aren't sterile, why wouldn't it also work outside in the general public? Logic.

So being outside, maybe that person walking toward you at the store who thinks face coverings are only for people who 'can't get a grip' just coughed right before you arrived. You're wearing a surgical mask, but it won't matter. If he's shedding virus its now airborne and your mask isn't N95, it is not tight fitting. Might reduce risk to a degree, but you need a tight fitting respirator in this situation because the virus or whatever other bug he's shedding is airborne. But had that sick person worn a mask and coughed, the risk of transmission is much, much lower. Just the facts.

The US will learn this lesson, over, and over, and over again. Open up, pause, shut down. Open up, claim masks are tools of the dark state used to erode liberty, blah, blah, blah, people get sick, hit pause, shut down. Open up yet again, rinse and repeat.

We will repeat this pattern until a vaccine is available. And people will die of COVID because people were deliberately misinformed. Look down south and out west - outbreaks could easily prevented had social distancing and masks been worn by everyone.

Face coverings protect others, not you, while respirators protect you, and not others. Just a fact. If everyone chose to wear a face covering outside, the curve of infections would flatten significantly, and the economy wouldn't be sputtering off and on due to hot spots breaking out.

I do agree that people touching their masks after touching doors and stuff won't work. Good point. People need to treat common surfaces like they are radioactive - if not for COVID than other bugs spreading in the community like C-diff and other nasty stuff. Don't be touching your face, wash your hands. It all goes together.

·
Registered
6,671 Posts
Some may want to run....that silly science word, it might hurt you. More dangerous than any virus in some minds. :LOL:

·
Administrator
27,836 Posts
Draw whatever conclusions you wish from this picture of a drywall guy after he removed his mask for his lunch break.
View attachment 157229
It's easy to see that the mask does nothing to keep the dust from migrating IN along the sides of the nose.
How does the mask keep the virus from migrating OUT along the sides of the nose?

·
Registered
670 Posts
It's easy to see that the mask does nothing to keep the dust from migrating IN along the sides of the nose.
How does the mask keep the virus from migrating OUT along the sides of the nose?
Good question, and unless its tight fitting the surgical mask cannot keep all that virus in. But it keeps much of it, and to shade's point about cleanliness should be replaced constantly.

The velocity of your water droplets exiting your nose/mouth as you exhale, cough, sneeze, talk, etc. should be captured in the fabric. Perfect system? Nope, because its not an N95 without an exhalation valve built in, and masks are not tight fitting. But any covering is way, way better than not wearing one obviously.

Face masks reduce transmission. That is indisputable. If we all chose to wear one all the times outside our homes, transmission everywhere would slow to a crawl, further flattening the curve, and buying us added time for the treatments or vaccine. Just the reality we live in today. Sucks.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Good question, and unless its tight fitting the surgical mask cannot keep all that virus in. But it keeps much of it, and to shade's point about cleanliness should be replaced constantly.

The velocity of your water droplets exiting your nose/mouth as you exhale, cough, sneeze, talk, etc. should be captured in the fabric. Perfect system? Nope, because its not an N95 without an exhalation valve built in, and masks are not tight fitting. But any covering is way, way better than not wearing one obviously.

Face masks reduce transmission. That is indisputable. If we all chose to wear one all the times outside our homes, transmission everywhere would slow to a crawl, further flattening the curve, and buying us added time for the treatments or vaccine. Just the reality we live in today. Sucks.
so then why are my doctors offices telling people they can’t wear n95 masks/any mask with a particulate filter and MUST wear a surgical or homemade mask when they come into the office for appointments, if n95 masks are tight fitting and protect you better?

masks should be personal choice. If one wants to wear one in hopes of protecting themselves and others from the virus, by all means go for it.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Face coverings significantly reduce transmission only if everyone wears one. Its a barrier. Not wearing a face covering increases the risk of spreading disease to others - especially who are immune compromised.

Want to flatten this curve and stay at work? Stay distance and wear a face covering outside the home at all times. Want to continue in this pattern of outbreak peaks resulting and economic starts and stops like Texas? Then don't wear one.

People not wearing them are the ones spreading this disease in states with outbreaks, like in the southern and western states from people gathering in the bars and restaurants. This virus sheds from uncovered mouths and noses. Best tool we have right now to really slow that virus shedding is everyone choose to wear a face covering. Really simple stuff.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
But that photo of the dry wall worker was purposely put out to confuse people for political gain because its backwards logic.[\quote]
After 40 years of working in construction, I can say I have seen a few hundred faces like the one in the photo whether it’s gypsum, paint, coal, fly ash, etc. There is no such thing as backwards logic or it wouldn’t be logic. Maybe you can explain with forward or “backwards“ logic how these fabrics act like a check valve only allowing pathogens to flow one way and not protect the wearer. If you wear it inside out, will you then be protected?

Your doctor isn't wearing a surgical mask or face covering to protect himself from you, he's wearing it to protect you from him.[\quote]

I asked my doctor this. His reply was his insurance carrier required it and he wore it to protect his azz, not mine.

Fact is this and it is indisputable. Face coverings or surgical masks prevent spread of disease from the wearer.
I’ll dispute the “indisputable”. If face diapers really worked, half the patients in hospitals would have been wearing them since germs and viruses were discovered. Communicable diseases would have been eradicated before my birth.

Really simple stuff here.[\quote]

Eh, not for everyone, but you hang in there.

·
Registered
6,671 Posts
so then why are my doctors offices telling people they can’t wear n95 masks/any mask with a particulate filter and MUST wear a surgical or homemade mask when they come into the office for appointments, if n95 masks are tight fitting and protect you better?

masks should be personal choice. If one wants to wear one in hopes of protecting themselves and others from the virus, by all means go for it.
Probably the same reason the CDC in February issued the statement masks are useless, and may even be harmful. They want to keep the N95 masks for medical personnel. Faucci himself admitted the February statement by the CDC was made with the sole intent of keeping the general public from siphoning off N95 masks from the medical community. The CDC knew they were misleading the public. And N95 masks are still not easy to find.

·
Registered
6,003 Posts
was at my family nurse practitioner about a month ago. The staff and nurse cam in with a mask on. The nurse practitioner came in with no mask on. Didn`t think fast enough, should have asked her where her mask was.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Faucci and the CDC have been clueless since day one and continue to be. They have held this country hostage for 4 or 5 months and still don't know what the heck is going on! Isn't it odd that all we hear about is "new cases" not that people are testing positive but "new cases" What's that mean? It means they what you to believe there are that many more sick people to promote the agenda. Its also odd that we don't ever get any numbers on the number of test being conducted, why? Again the numbers won't match and out goes the agenda. Wear your mask and hide in the house if you like the rest of us are going to carry on with life!

21 - 40 of 50 Posts