The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Given so much media hype and spin with covid19, hard to separate fact and fiction and agendas.

Seems like there is still a lot we dont know about it. Including pros and cons of masks.

Should the U.S. be a bit more enforcing of using a mask in public places? If it has some benefit at all, is it worth a shot to try to stop the spread?

I am not going to say one way or another is better. Up to the person.

And I dont mean 24/7 mask usage outside of your home. Working on a crew or the family in the sand at the beach is not a "public" place. I mean when in crowds of strangers, or up close and personal like a salon. Situations that favor the so-called community spread.

I will say I continue to use a comfy homemade mask when in places like stores. At work we are required when in office, on the infrequent occasions I go in I wear one to my desk and lower it if no one is around (usually a ghost town). Its just my choice, each to his/her own on that one.

We all agree on things and disagree on things, thats Liberty.

Now months into it, where does the HPA population land on this one?

·
Registered
8,624 Posts
I see no reason for government to get any more involved, there are already guild-lines and requirements in place.

Most, if not all places of business already require masks. Far as when sporting events and so forth ramp up, I would think they would also require masks in lines at the gate, refreshment stands, etc., once seated with social distancing, you could remove your mask.

·
Registered
12,123 Posts
I wear a mask as a choice. I wish others would to but it is their choice and I am fine wit that.

But to have the government (Joe Biden) require it is something I can not get behind. How would the government enforce it? Would Joe "Nationalize" the ACLU and Antifa to arrest citizens who do not wear masks?

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I wear a mask when I go to public places. I also see a lot that don't. I feel the mask is helpful and the responsible thing to do. Since the reopening some states have seen a rise in cases. People just don't get that we have to social distance and wear a mask when we are in the public. What is going to happen is we are going to go back and things will close down again. Then people will be complaining again. The government telling me to wear a mask is no different than them telling me to wear a seat belt. If you don't wear a seat belt and you get injured in a crash then your problem. If you don't wear a mask and you get COVID-19 then your problem. If we want this to lesson or even go away we can't have some wearing masks and others not. Just won't work. As far as government telling me to wear a mask is just another part of life unfortunately. We have to follow laws and rules everyday. Some I like and some I don't.

·
Administrator
27,838 Posts
We have to follow laws and rules everyday. Some I like and some I don't.
It's ironic, The Rule is that I have to wear a mask when I go to my doctor appointment, but if on the way home I want to do some shopping The Law says that all I have to say is that I have a breathing problem when I'm challenged about not wearing a mask and they have to leave me to do as I please.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Should the U.S. be a bit more enforcing of using a mask in public places?
I am not going to say one way or another is better. Up to the person.
THAT’s liberty.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Do whatever the media and the Democratic Party says. They are always right and if you disagree you are an evil, right wing, racist, sexist, homophobic hate monger.
Yep, not a single "expert" or organization has been right through any of this, yet so many hang on their every word to control their life. Sorry, this has been a sham from day one and continues to this day! Wear your mask if you think it helps you, as for a lot of us we will go on with our lives!

·
Registered
670 Posts
Face coverings significantly reduce transmission only if everyone wears one. Its a barrier. Not wearing a face covering increases the risk of spreading disease to others - especially who are immune compromised.

Want to flatten this curve and stay at work? Stay distance and wear a face covering outside the home at all times. Want to continue in this pattern of outbreak peaks resulting and economic starts and stops like Texas? Then don't wear one.

People not wearing them are the ones spreading this disease in states with outbreaks, like in the southern and western states from people gathering in the bars and restaurants. This virus sheds from uncovered mouths and noses. Best tool we have right now to really slow that virus shedding is everyone choose to wear a face covering. Really simple stuff.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
well society already says.....its ok to kill unborns... have same sex marriage (like kids growing up in that kind of environment aren't gonna be mixed up).......We can have bugs bunny and elmer fudd cartoons...but elmer can't have a gun....But its ok to terrorize a woman with a child in the car, jump up and down on the hood of her car because its a sanctioned protest......The whole bashing of police and our military as a whole, the whole black lives matter and wanting special treatment. Gov't officials like Biden and wolf and so on.... Do ya really think for one minute I'm going to listen to somebody telling me I gotta wear a mask?.....frankly I think people have gone plumb crazy.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Draw whatever conclusions you wish from this picture of a drywall guy after he removed his mask for his lunch break.
View attachment 157229
He wasn't protected from dust because he wore a face covering. He should have worn a tight fitting half or full respirator or a N95 for minimum protection. You wouldn't send a firefighter into a burning building wearing a face covering.

Face coverings don't protect him for things outside the mask, face covering help protect those around him from hazards behind the face covering, like shedding virus.

That's a really misleading picture which distorts reality.

·
Registered
670 Posts
No, that's a picture that shows how little the average mask really helps. Spin it any way you'd like, but that picture shows the true benefit of wearing a mask.
You got it backwards, I'm not spinning. Just repeating fact.

A face covering is not a respirator. Fact. A face covering protects others, not the wearer. Fact. It is simply a cloth barrier to keep your viral bugs from spreading to others. Fact. 100% effective to stop spread? No because its not tight fitting. Fact.

A respirator is a device to protect you, the wearer. Fact. Had the guy in the pic worn a tight-fitting half or full face respirator or even N95 which is also tight fitting, he would have been protected from the sheet rock dust. Fact.

Stop spinning fact to meet political opportunity.

·
Registered
670 Posts
No, that's a picture that shows how little the average mask really helps. Spin it any way you'd like, but that picture shows the true benefit of wearing a mask.
And if you truly believe this distortion that face covering protect the wearer, then I beg of you next time you go in for surgery, to tell the surgeon and OR attendants to take their face coverings off as they gaze into your open wound. Bet you won't.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts