The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
6,466 Posts
Re: Should senior license holders be exempt from AR's?

I voted no and im getting my popcorn ready

·
Registered
11,011 Posts

No they should not be exempt.

·
Registered
3,418 Posts

No!

·
Registered
2,488 Posts

I voted "NO" just to rile up those who hate old people and want us outta the Woods cause we can`t see if a Buck is legal or not and might mistake and shoot something we shouldn`t have........I really don`t care. Besides them ole Bucks are too tough ta` chew on....

·
Registered
13,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

You guys do realize the question in the title and the question in the poll are different right. LOL

·
6,466 Posts

eyefromthesky said:
You guys do realize the question in the title and the question in the poll are different right. LOL
now that's a dirty trick!!!!!!!

·
Registered
11,011 Posts

eyefromthesky said:
Now I do. Too late to change my vote though.

·
Registered
3,418 Posts

X's 2

·
Registered
3,418 Posts

eyefromthesky said:
Always read the fine print!
Your poll is purposely deceptive. It requires careful reading.

·
Registered
20,204 Posts

AR is fine for seniors the way it is but it should be increased for the youngin's

·
Banned
4,988 Posts
<span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">AR should not be for the "MENTORED" hunters <span style="color: #FF0000">ONLY</span>,</span></span> after they become of age then <span style="color: #FF0000">EVERY</span> hunter 12 and older should be required to harvest only the bucks that are of legal point status.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts

Birch812 said:
AR is fine for seniors the way it is but it should be increased for the youngin's
No Antler restrictions for seniors.

Deer out there of every size scout find the 1 you want and hunt it. Maybe killing off some more of these scrubs will be better than AR is now. Back when it was started there was less food plots, and less posted ground. Many nice bucks are shot early and a lot of inferior bucks do the breeding. Trophy bucks will grow and we will have them here and there, due to posted properties nobody hunts. I say let the seniors get there buck. Back in the day all bucks were a trophy. There was not trail camers, bows that shot 300FPS and all the other gadgets these young hunters have and are against seniors killing scrub bucks. I suggest we take all the new bow hunting gear that is more equal to a gun compared to what seniors bow hunted and yes killed deer with away from these young horn hunters and see how well they do.

·
6,466 Posts

Alpine Shooter said:
Birch812 said:

Deer out there of every size scout find the 1 you want and hunt it. Maybe killing off some more of these scrubs will be better than AR is now. Back when it was started there was less food plots, and less posted ground. Many nice bucks are shot early and a lot of inferior bucks do the breeding. Trophy bucks will grow and we will have them here and there, due to posted properties nobody hunts. I say let the seniors get there buck. Back in the day all bucks were a trophy. There was not trail camers, bows that shot 300FPS and all the other gadgets these young hunters have and are against seniors killing scrub bucks. I suggest we take all the new bow hunting gear that is more equal to a gun compared to what seniors bow hunted and yes killed deer with away from these young horn hunters and see how well they do.
I notice you don't call yourself bear whitetail hunter shooter.....

·
Registered
5,652 Posts

Yes, Most of the seasoned veterans hunt harder than alot of the younger hunters. They have no problem complying with A/R

·
Registered
20,204 Posts

Alpine Shooter said:
Birch812 said:

Many nice bucks are shot early and a lot of inferior bucks do the breeding. Trophy bucks will grow and we will have them here and there, due to posted properties nobody hunts. I say let the seniors get there buck. Back in the day all bucks were a trophy. There was not trail camers, bows that shot 300FPS and all the other gadgets these young hunters have and are against seniors killing scrub bucks.
That is part of what I do not understand why we allow bucks to be taken during early archery season. Would make more sense to just allow doe and spikes or Y bucks if the goal is to turn Pennsylvania into a trophy deer state.

Personally I think the senior hunters should have a whole different set of regulations like AR, seasons and use of vehicles/atvs on GL/SF roads

1 - 20 of 80 Posts