The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are your experiences with chokes and loads for Bobcat?........ How were the results you witnessed first hand?

·
Registered
351 Posts
#04 Buckshot. One at 30 yds. and one at 40 yds., dead in their tracks. Plus numerous others by clients. Helps eliminate them crawling into the rocks.

·
Banned
300 Posts
I have had a bunch shot in front of my hounds with everything between 20ga with 2 3/4in 6 shot up to 12ga with hevi coyote or #4 buck ....all depends on your situtation.

·
Registered
5,364 Posts
my favorite cat load is heavyshot #2. but any good turkey load will stop them out to 40 yards. bigger shot gets you more range but check your pattern as sometimes you need a wider choke to handle the bigger stuff well.
cats shot personally.. one with 3 in #5 at 10 yards drt of course. second one shot jumping a creek at 45 yards with HS #2 spun like a helicopter and drt.
third one was shot at 10 yards with HS dead coyote. drt

·
Registered
5,364 Posts
i found out today it doesnt matter what shot you use if you dont place it where the cat is.

·
Registered
5,364 Posts
we were a day behind most places too. finally got on jumped up in a perfect swamp. beaver dams and thick brush. reba just flat out smoked that thing for a good hour. probably circled it 10 times in about a 5 acre end of the swamp. it was caring the mail when it came by me. i got a quick shot off but too much brush or too little skill one or the other. then it broke down into a bad loss. she had no idea. she went around reruning a few loops looking for the loss. we dropped a buddies fox hound in there to help her but it took a hslf hour before she found it again and she shoved it out of the swamp and into some rip rap rock around a big culvert pipe. it was a great chase up until the break down. funny how fast things can change.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts