The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me how you would thread the inside of a shotgun barrel to fit a choke and what all you would need to do it thanks

·
Registered
378 Posts
Contact Mike Orlen in MA. He can provide a slightly better cost than Briley and his work is highly respected in the industry, especially in the area of fine doubles. (You can find him on ShotgunWorld forum.)

Michael R. Orlen
79 Salem Street
Amherst, Ma. 01002
413-256-1630
[email protected]

Price List

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
who is Briley?

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
It is a company. Threading a barrel for a choke is not a do-it-yourself project. You aren't dealing with a water pipe, it not done correctly it can get real ugly.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I am sure others can safely and accurately install the choke tubes it is just that they are very well known for this work. Look them up on the web and check it out. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
My dad threaded my shotgun for choke tubes. In short, it takes a pretty good lathe and the right bit. Its a very easy job to screw up so I would suggest paying the extra money and sending it to a gunsmith.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I would imagine that if your barrel has a fixed choke they would have to expand that out to a cylinder bore as well before cutting in the threads.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
its an old mossberg 395kb 12 guage bolt action shotgun it would normally have a c-lect choke but someone took it off and there is no choke on it

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
its an old mossberg 395kb 12 guage bolt action shotgun it would normally have a c-lect choke but someone took it off and there is no choke on it

·
Registered
14,314 Posts
http://www.havlinsales.com/bolt.htm

I can't vouch for these folks or anything, but they may be able to help you. Are you dead set on putting tubes in it or will you replace the C-Lect choke if you can get one?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts