The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to start reloading my used 12 gage shotgun shells. What is a good basic reloader to purchase? I'm looking to reload about 150 rounds a week.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
i have a 600. bought it many moons ago . needs a good cleaning and a few hundred run through it again. when i was trap shooting it would get 100-150 a week run through it

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
I've heard good things about the MEC's and you can probably find one for a decent price. That said I have a Hornady/Pacific 366 and it's been great.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I have a MEC 600 Jr. that is over 20 years old loaded thousands of trap loads an still going strong.You cant go wrong with them

·
Registered
377 Posts
Get a progressive reloader like a MEC Grabber. I bought mine used for $125. I can reload 150 shells in about 30 minutes. If I really tried I could probably get around 300-400 in an hour. Look for a used one. guys on shotgun world and trapshooters usually have them for sale.

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
The MEC's and the RCBS Grand are nice loaders. For your volume, you can't go wrong. I had MEC's and Hornady's in the past. MEC's were fine, Hornady gave me problems. I use the Spolar Gold now with heads for 12, 20, 28 and .410. If you're into serious volume and quality of shells, Spolar is the way to go. With someone setting wads into the wad guide we can load over 1200 shells in a hour. That's with a manual unit. A hydraulic system can be added.

·
Registered
889 Posts
If you ever travel through Morgantown I have a nice Ponsness Warren 375C that I want to sell. I wil sell it for $150. And that is a good deal. But I do not want to ship it, I only want to sell it as a pickup. Too much could go wrong when shipping an item like that. It is in good condition. And works perfectly. I also have some components I would give you a decent deal on if you need any. Tom.

·
Banned
19,532 Posts
In the past two weeks, I have bought MEC 9000's in 12 and 410. I now have MEC progressives in 12, 20, 28, and 410, and still have my single stage 12 and 410's.

Can't go wrong with MEC!

·
Registered
12,211 Posts
Hey Hogghead, thats a nice PW set-up there. I think you need to stock up on your reloading supplies. Looks like you are runnig a little low.

·
Registered
567 Posts
I have a MEC9000G with the hydraulic pedal, its the bomb my friend, that PW above is an excellent reloader as well

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
I use a PW also - mine is a bit different than Hogg's
but along the same lines
I can usually do about a case an hour, taking my time
if I can get my son to drop in the wads - we can crank the same in 30 min
Pretty cool - after loading it up it kick one complete with every pull of the handle
Would highly recommend PW loaders

1 - 20 of 22 Posts