The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellas, looking for some solid info before I hit the woods late November...

I will be pushing for some friends this year and have decided to leave my Rem 700 .308 at home and take a 12 gauge. I have an exquisite 870 WingMaster that's far to precious to take into the woods so my only alternative is my Rem 870 Tactical that has an extended mag and overall capacity 7+1.

I know there is No limit on round capacity for big game but is this frowned upon by WCO's? I already greatly appreciate the bear hunting offered in PA(I come from N.E. Ohio) and don't want to step on any toes(even if what I'm carrying is legal but frowned upon). I don't want a WCO to see me with the extended mag and pistol grip and get the wrong idea(Picture at bottom so no there's no confusion on what I want to use).

It's very accurate with cheapo Remington Slugger 3" slugs out to 50 yards or so and would be of great use in the brush.

Thanks for reading!

-Aaron-

·
Registered
957 Posts
Well not sure where you are hunting at but you would have no issues here in clearfield county... in fact for guys pushing the thick cover in bear country, this is a smarter choice for sone terrain than a rifle. we push the laural thickets here and many times i have taken my old 870 on the hunt and switch back and forth when i am on post or on the drive.

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
Take it and have fun and good luck, the only thing we WCO's frown upon is illegal activity.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Excellent, this is the response I was hoping for! Thanks for replying so quickly. My annual license and tags just arrived today in the mail(love the online purchasing system but the license itself is odd for sure).

November 23rd can't get here soon enough

1 - 4 of 4 Posts