The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an older "no rib" 870 wingmaster 12 gauge. I want to put a red dot on it .

I have heard alot of good, and bad things about b square mounts.
Can anyone help out? Please give your opinion on the pro's and cons of the mounts?

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I assume you are talking about the "saddle" type mount that goes over the receiver and uses the action pins to mount--yes?

If that is correct--and this is coming from an engineer who has no first hand experience with that "device"--but one thing I have found to be close to full proof is--if it looks like a shoemaker made it--he probably did

So--if you hold shoemakers in high regard--it might be a good idea

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
I had a BSquare on an 870 Wingmaster-Deer, slug gun.
I wasn't really satisfied with the way the gun looked but the real problem was the sight plain was too high for me. I had the gun drilled and tapped for my scope and never regretted it..

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
good reply cat skinner. i was thinking of getting my 870 drilled and tapped also. i saw a 4x leupold 4 sale on here and got me thinking. i hate the looks of those bolt on type mounts also...later

·
Registered
700 Posts
I have an 870 super mag(3.5")12ga. with a b square mount and a bushnell trophy red dot.It works great for turkeys!! The nice thing about the B square mount is if you need to shoot the gun without the scope you can still see the bead under the mount,just in case your battery goes dead.

·
Registered
18,432 Posts
shuey 270 said:
you can still see the bead under the mount,just in case your battery goes dead.
Aimpoint 9000sc red dot scope. 50,000 hours on the battery. Had mine four years now, still the original battery! Turkey hunting as well as predator hunting at night.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts