The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a entry level shot for shooting sporting clays:
I willstay with a 20 ga. only because my should had surgery a few years back and recoil is a major role in shooting .
I was looking at a few semi-auto but not a fan of plastic stocks.
I see some say stroeger o/u are junk but other say they have had no problems.I am not looking to get into competition shooting but will shoot a few boxes of shells in a month give or take.
I also see that a upgrade maybe a CZ O/U I like the cz mallard in 20 ga. seem to have double triggers no way can both barrel fire with a single trigger set up.
I was thinking in a semi -auto with light target loads but I read some semi will not cycle with low FPS.

·
Registered
941 Posts
I'd stay clear of the cheap ove/unders,they are not worth the money. I see them brake on clays courses all the time.
A semi automatic is a nice option,and there are some great values out there.Not hard to find a used semi in the <$500 range.

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
You get what you pay for. Don't buy the "cheap" O/U guns as they will become a "parts gun" sooner than later. You can find used semis for a fair price. I'm not a fan of semis, but if you have a shoulder issue then I'd recommend one. There too, stick with name brand manufacturers as they use quality materials.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Beretta a300 is nice entry level that won't break the bank, but not sure come in 20. Maybe a used a400. They come in 20, and very nice gun

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
update on my stoeger 20 ga. O/U I have about 500 rounds threw shoot excellent no problems at all at the present time.
I like the gun a little on the heavy side but I am not afield hunting with it.
Bass pro had it on sale out the door $345.00 gun it tight no light primer hits and if I do my part it does break clays.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts