The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked in the book and it looks to me like you do not need to plug your shotgun to three shells when hunting furbearers. Is that correct?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
anobody said:
all shotguns must be plugged to a three shot capacity in pursuit of any game in pennsylvania
Wrong ...

Sec. 2308. Unlawful devices and methods.
(a) General rule.--Except as otherwise provided in this title, it is unlawful for any person to hunt or aid, abet, assist or conspire to hunt any game or wildlife through the use of:
(4) A semiautomatic shotgun or magazine shotgun for hunting or taking small game, furbearers, turkey or unprotected birds unless the shotgun is plugged to a two-shell capacity in the magazine.

·
Registered
6,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks plinker, I just read the furbearer section and they don't mention it there. They probably should though.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
2308 (a) It is unlawful to use: (4) A semiautomatic shotgun or magazine shotgun for hunting or taking small game, <span style="font-weight: bold">furbearers</span>, turkey or unprotected birds unless the shotgun is plugged to a two-shell capacity in the magazine

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
anobody said:
3 shell max is what i meant sorry, 1 in the tube 2 in the hole
That restriction only applies to certain wildlife, and does NOT apply to deer.

·
Registered
28,459 Posts
Is there a shot size restriction for yotes/furbearers? IE 00 buckshot OK?

·
Super Moderator
12,799 Posts
Rb, #4 BUCKshot is the biggest we are allowed...00 is not legal...

41 pellet 3" mag shells are what i have...not sure what other flavors they come in...

·
Registered
28,459 Posts
Thanks, not a Pred. hunter. But was asked it there was a restrcition last weekend and did not know the answer.

Too bad , seems like 00 buckshot would be a great yote load.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts