The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18,621 Posts
I just took my Excal and used my daughter as the tree. Assuming you were sitting in a typical portable stand where you cannot get away from the tree, I would be comfortable shooting in about a 220 degree arc with my Excal. My Parker compound would be a bit more with its much narrower limbs.

The diameter of the tree and the size of your platform would alter that estimate of course.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
I estimated about 180 degrees, but I tend to sit in large hemlocks with thier limbs as a background. I'm very interested in hearing everyone's thought on this.

·
Registered
79 Posts
depends on the diameter of the tree i'm in.

this was my first year with the crossbow and next year i will stick to smaller trees.

the trade off for better shooting range is concealment.

·
Registered
4,161 Posts
i shoot from the ground with my exocet 200 and have 360 degree's to work with
..........bob

·
Registered
698 Posts
From a double ladder stand with my Excal had a deer straight behind me.I faced the tree and had enough room to pull up the bow, lucky for him it was a small 4 point(3 on the left and 1 on the right).My saftey belt was tight and my sturip was about 10" from the tree(had to lean back a bit).Love my Equinox!!

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Not sure everyone practices shooting with the off hand so degrees of sight and shooting possiblities are different. With the trees that I use a 240 degree line off sight and shot are do-able.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts