The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was Sat 12-5-09 and I was at camp with some hunting buddies who still had unfilled buck tags while I had a unfilled doe tag. We all went out in the morning and the plan was a little while after it got light I would do some pushing for my uncle and friend. About twenty minutes after first light four does come running down the hill and stopped about twenty yards in front of me. After a few long seconds I decided to shoot one with my pistol. So I pulled up, pulled the hammer back and boom. I dropped the doe with one shot. It was my first time ever out with a pistol and I really liked it. I think for now on I will archery hunt and pistol hunt only...........The Pistol was a S&W model 586 nickel plated .357 Magnum. .

The Doe is bigger then what she looks, my cell phone takes bad pictures.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
sweet! you will always remember your first pistol kill and how great it was. i shot my first about 8 years ago with a T/C contender chambered in 35 rem. cant wait to finally get to use my super redhawk chambered in .44 mag.

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
PLEASE BE CAREFUL....I killed my first critter with a handgun 12 years ago.I was on a pig hunt in the mountains of Tennessee and I was using a T/C Con10der chambered in 309 JDJ.I made a 60 yard shot on a 410 lb boar and I WAS HOOKED!I now have Encores and Con10ders in 17 calibers,a 480 Ruger,a few 357 Mags.I have killed at least 1 deer every year for the past 11 seaons with a handgun in one form or another.IT IS AN ADDICTION..It sure beats being a drunk,but an addiction nonetheless.CONGRATS!

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
pottercountyman said:
Awesome, where did you hit the deer?
I hit her in the lower part of the neck. If you look at the lower part of the neck in the picture you can see a little bit of blood on the ground.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts