The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy got shot at yesterday at White Clay. He was on his way back to his truck. He spotted a guy sitting in the middle of a field. He took out his binos to see if the guy needed help and he shot at him. My buddy was wearing a orange hat AND ALSO IN THE MIDDLE OF A FIELD. Then he starts yelling at my buddy about wearing orange. My buddy yells back. Your suppose to identify your target. Then two of his hunting buddies came out of the woods. And more yelling. So he went to his truck and left. Three shotguns against a flintlock is not good..I told him he should have called 911 and waited at the truck for help. What would you do if you were by yourself and this happened..O yea..I hope one of the three guys read this..Your a bunch of morons..

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
That's why I always carry a pistol no matter what I'm hunting. There's some wackos out there and you never know how far they''ll try to take things.

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
Definitely would have called 911 from the truck and would have had it running if case they came after hin.

·
Registered
7,391 Posts
GRAYWHISKERS said:
SOooooo would it be self defence if he shot back?
No, just stupid. He should call the cops and report it.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
doesn't sound right. is he sure the guy shot at him? who could be that stupid? thats criminal.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
pumpgun said:
doesn't sound right. is he sure the guy shot at him? who could be that stupid? thats criminal.
YES he said bullet hit 2 feet from him..That's when he started yelling and waving his arms...

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
pumpgun said:
+1. The guy had a shotgun, but the guy with the flintlock had to use binoculars to look at him. Doesn't sound like he was anywhere near the guys range. I suppose the guy could have had a slug gun, not familiar where that area is.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
GRAYWHISKERS said:
Had the guy shot a second time it would be self defense. Just the one shot though could be the guy mistaking your buddy for a game animal. Unlikely cause your buddy wore orange, but it would be hard to prove self defense with only one shot taken.

·
Registered
12,200 Posts
Report it even it it is nothing more than a data-point for the authorities. Maybe this behavior is part of a pattern going on there and your report would help catch the jerk.

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
I wouldn't begin to try and analyze a second hand account of the incident. Your buddy needs to report the incident to the area police department.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Deuce280 said:
GRAYWHISKERS said:
Had the guy shot a second time it would be self defense. Just the one shot though could be the guy mistaking your buddy for a game animal. Unlikely cause your buddy wore orange, but it would be hard to prove self defense with only one shot taken.
True..But I'm just thinking..

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
Wrong - call the game commission. Because it was a hunting incident they will get the investigation / case.

Call the regional office and report this. The game commission has a good track record of bringing the pieces together on this sort of stuff.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts