The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
  • Hey Guest, it looks like you haven't made your first post yet. Until you make an introduction thread, the rest of the site is locked to posting. Why not take a few minutes to say hi!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Premium Member
14,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Palimbhanger talked me into getting a muzzleloader license to go hunting with him this season. So I called a buddy of mine to see if I could borrow one of his muzzleloaders. Today I shot it, the first time in 20 years that I shot one. It is a TC 50 cal Pennsylvania Hunter. I shoot 80 grains of powder, round balls. It also has a peep sight. We took it to the local range this morning. I shot 4 shots off a rest, there were blocks of wood there, we didn't have sandbags. I think I can kill a deer with it. I didn't know what to expect at first, I thought it would kick hard, but after the first shot I was OK. Here is a pic of the target:

· Registered
2,102 Posts
Moss, One of the biggest things when shooting a flintlock is to concentrate and hold on the target. Alot of people will flinch when the "klatch" from the lock happens. As noted above, you better watch out, the addiction is hard to shake.

· Registered
6,968 Posts
Acorn20 said:
Moss, One of the biggest things when shooting a flintlock is to concentrate and hold on the target. Alot of people will flinch when the "klatch" from the lock happens. As noted above, you better watch out, the addiction is hard to shake.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.